GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Physicus #88686
10/13/03 04:51 PM
10/13/03 04:51 PM
England
tigger Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
tigger  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

England
Not a proper review, but a few comments from one who has just finished this little treasure!!

Intriguing game, I played Chemicus in the same series first and was not too sure what to expect... Physicus is much more raw, Very logical in what you must find and use, listen to the laptop help and you can get through most puzzles.

As I only studied physics to the age of 14, I felt a great deal of satisfaction at being able to solve some of the puzzles with little added input from the 'lappy' !! However, some of the manipulations left a Lot to be desired. I got stuck for ages trying to use the lever on the boiler for the weight puzzle, only to discover by accident that I could actually Move the lever, rather than just clicking on it as I had with other hand hotspots!! This made me try the same tactic with other buttons and levers.. getting me stuck again when a simple click would have got me past the problem. Grr!!

It is a very short game, I started it yesterday and have now finished, with other commitments in between, BUT I would say I got a great deal out of it, working out the equations etc. I Do hope Tivola do a maths based one smile OK, groan all you like, I would enjoy it!!!

It ran flawlessly on XP, with quite a high spec machine, the only downside was the end sequence which was exceedingly blocky, probably down to my graphics card. I didn't really want to see each pixel, maybe if I had been playing in a lower graphics mode it would have looked better!!

Now I am going to try it out on our son.. with the incentive you have to launch a 'meteorite' as the carrot!! That's IF I can tear him away from Firewarrior of course..

I would say its a great game for a time when you are waiting for the next Serious adventure challenge and Very satisfying if you can complete it with little or no recourse to a w/t.

Hugs

tig wave

A bounce a day keeps the doctor away!!
Playing Sims2, Sherlock, Phantom of Venice
Reading Storm Breaking
Re: Physicus #88687
10/14/03 03:52 PM
10/14/03 03:52 PM
WA. USA
lasanidine Offline
Addicted Boomer
lasanidine  Offline
Addicted Boomer

WA. USA
Hi Tiggs, I liked Physicus too. The forge lever was deliberately designed for pulling to teach us about levers. I found the game entertaining but short. I thought the best part was the tutorial part.

I liked all three of these games of Tivola (Chemicus, Physicus and Bioscopia) and you are right, let’s hope the make one about math.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

Oscar Wilde
Re: Physicus #88688
10/14/03 08:50 PM
10/14/03 08:50 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Tig,
PHYSICUS was the first of those three games I played, and I thought it was the most charming. It had a Jules Vernish quality to it which I liked.

Lady K.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson
Re: Physicus #88689
01/31/07 03:31 AM
01/31/07 03:31 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Comments from Kateet2001

I JUST completed this game after installing and spending hours exploring and playing around with things. Went to another game, got hopelessly stuck and came back to this one to finish it.

The ideallic scenary, charming buildings, puzzling gizmos, and quaint contraptions blended together very well. I had some trouble with navigation and interaction with objects and, as I told Tally Ho, it was as if different people were determining which cursor icons to use, whether a lever should be click-hold-pull or just click even when it was the same lever operated at two different times.

The laptop "primer" could be engaging at times which surprised me. The only real annoyance came when I saved the first time and discovered something I had done had become undone during the save. As it turned out, this only happens with minor gizmos, like flipping a switch and then saving before leaving the room or setting an access code and opening the door but not entering before saving. A couple of times, I did have to backtrack to find the 'culprit'.

Still, it wasn't difficult and felt most like puttering around a rather large, living laboratory on a pretty little island. I came in a "space ship" (?), saved the planet, and left in a "space ship", I think.

Time to dust off hands and go find another world to save.

Re: Physicus #88690
01/31/07 08:58 AM
01/31/07 08:58 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It sounds very appealing! I know it's on my shelf, I just have to find the time to play it.

Thanks wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Physicus #88691
01/31/07 10:03 AM
01/31/07 10:03 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Sigh. L4L, I know exactly what you mean.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 161 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users