GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#886966 - 05/11/13 01:25 PM Re: Divine Divinity [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Lan wave

#887652 - 05/14/13 06:10 PM Re: Divine Divinity [Re: looney4labs]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
I have just finished Divine Divinity. What a fantastic game! I just wish I knew what happened after Heyt (my hero) made it out alive. Have any of you played the sequels? What did you think of them if you did? After beating the Lord of Lies (who wasn't nearly as hard to take as Josephina!), I am so ready for more and I did love this game so much I'd like to continue it if it's worth going on.

Gil.
who never wants to see another imp

#887802 - 05/15/13 01:15 PM Re: Divine Divinity [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Traveler, I'm with you. It was a great game, and Josephina is hard, hard, hard.

Beyond Divinity does not continue the story, and though some folks loved it, many did not.

I have not played Divinity II, but there have been several threads in this forum about it. There is one here and Another Here. luck

Edited by looney4labs (05/15/13 01:15 PM)

#887822 - 05/15/13 02:45 PM Re: Divine Divinity [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oddly enough, L4L, between leeching Josephina's life and whacking her over and over with an axe that had five charms and a +1 in freeze, I took her out after only six or seven tries! (I ran all over the place searching for those charms and upping my experience.) grin

Thanks for those links! I went to Larian and I'm downloading the demo for Ego Draconis.

I take it that you were one of those who did not love Beyond Divinity.

I see that GOG has "Divinity II: Developer’s Cut (which) includes fully updated Divinity II: Ego Draconis and the expansion, Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance." If I like the demo, I'll see about buying it when my small change jar fills up again. Actually, $19.99 isn't bad for two games. It's just more than a sprinkling of pennies will cover right now. wink

Gil.

#887865 - 05/15/13 07:45 PM Re: Divine Divinity [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Traveler, I think I used tons of scorpion cages, but it's been a bit and I don't remember.

That is a good price. Fingers crossed that the pennies show up. luck

#888180 - 05/17/13 06:45 AM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well, I'm not worrying about the pennies. I can't even figure out the controls for the demo. It uses the mouse to move right and left and just about everything else is keyboard. Uh huh. I got locked on something that looked like a little disc spinning and couldn't move. Something tells me this was adapted for the PC from a console game.

Anyhoo. I'm thinking more of The Bard's Tale, now. It looks like great fun and it's all mouse driven and it's half the price. What's not to love? grin

Gil.

#888199 - 05/17/13 10:12 AM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I've heard good things about The Bard's Tale.

It's always so sad when controls for a game keep you from enjoying it. Could the controls be remapped?

#889255 - 05/22/13 11:06 AM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
Annie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tacoma, Washington
Traveler: I just played DDII a couple of months ago, and I very slowly fell in love with it. However, it is nothing at all like the original DD. Think of it as an entirely unrelated story (aside from a few humorous references to the original). You will love the Bard. Good story and wonderful humor.

#889260 - 05/22/13 12:18 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

thanks Annie wave

#889431 - 05/23/13 12:15 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: looney4labs]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I bought Divine Divinity 2 when it was first released and thought the first half was absolutely great thumbsup

However, in the second half during the parts
Click to reveal..
when I was able to become a dragon
I found controlling my character to be so ludicrously difficult that I couldn't cope at all and ended up uninstalling the game frown

So I went and played the first game again, instead !! lol

#889436 - 05/23/13 12:48 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

That's been a common complaint, Mad wave

#889507 - 05/23/13 07:15 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I never finished DD2 either - same reasons. It's just not fun when too many obstacles hinder any advancement. I loved DD1.

#889537 - 05/23/13 10:18 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Me again. Playing it again (still on easy since I want to enjoy it and do the quests I totally missed the first time around) and having a blast.
I just noticed something though, not being very observant: the cursor is a fine pen nib! Is this a sneaky way of saying that the pen is mightier than the sword? <g>

Gil.

#889670 - 05/24/13 03:20 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
"I just noticed something though, not being very observant: the cursor is a fine pen nib! Is this a sneaky way of saying that the pen is mightier than the sword?"

That's a much "deeper" observation than I'd have ever made, traveler !! laugh

#889692 - 05/24/13 05:14 PM Re: Divine Divinity - 2 - No-o-o, I don't think so [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Great observation! puppy

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Jenny100, hatshepsut, BobH, Kootsie, Marian, kjos, Chief, connie, 2 invisible), 83 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
pignose, Mistywarren, keonie, cattitude, Jerrnej
8509 Registered Users