GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#888511 - 05/18/13 09:50 PM nancy drew games
dougort Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: florida winter--black hills S....
is it just me or are the nancy drew games getting harder? i had no trouble with the earlier games but now they seem very difficult.
what does anybody think?
doug

#888512 - 05/18/13 09:53 PM Re: nancy drew games [Re: dougort]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
That's a good question. I certainly thought that The Deadly Device was one of the more difficult games in the series, but I also thought that Tomb of the Lost Queen was one of the easier games. Ghost of Thornton Hall fell somewhere in between those two in terms of difficulty for me. wave

#888531 - 05/18/13 11:12 PM Re: nancy drew games [Re: dougort]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I always thought they were harder. I remember the first thing I would always do is get a notepad and take a gazillion notes to get through. There were some that were more challenging than others though. It seemed like they would alternate.

Ana wave

#888803 - 05/20/13 07:46 AM Re: nancy drew games [Re: dougort]
LadyLinda Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: NYC, NY USA
Yes and No.

Lately I find myself stuck more because I failed to find a particular item so they are getting better at hiding things.

If you've played a lot of the games then you're familiar with most of the puzzles though they do add a new one sometimes.

The clues are getting buried better in that you have to find a clue (sometimes multiple clues) before you can solve a particular puzzle.

#889208 - 05/22/13 05:19 AM Re: nancy drew games [Re: dougort]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Ana I do remember taking lots of notes in all the first Nancy Drew games and I still have the notes!

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (cailyn, family, kjos, traveler, colpet, BrownEyedTigre, Mad, Laurette, BobH), 64 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
pignose, Mistywarren, keonie, cattitude, Jerrnej
8509 Registered Users