GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer #889626
05/24/13 10:40 AM
05/24/13 10:40 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Focus Home Interactive and Compulsion Games partnership brings new light to CONTRAST

Check out the awesome trailer here.

You can check out the Screenshots here.

Visit the Official Website Here.

Quote:
PARIS and MONTRÉAL – (May 24, 2013) - Focus Home Interactive and Compulsion Games™ are pleased to announce today the formation of a new publishing partnership for the release of CONTRAST™, a breakthrough 2D/3D puzzle platformer, in which the player can shift between the striking 3D fantasy world into the mysterious 2D shadowscape. Originally set to launch on PC, CONTRAST will now also be available on PSN (or PlayStation®Store) and XBLA (or Xbox LIVE® Arcade) end of 2013.

Compulsion Games is an independent game development studio located in the heart of Montréal, Canada and driven by their passion for artistry, gameplay fundamentals and a rare sense of levity.

“CONTRAST is a very special project with its atmosphere, artistic direction and innovative gameplay and we knew that from the moment we saw the game,” said Cédric Lagarrigue, CEO of Focus Home Interactive. “We are delighted to be partnering with Compulsion Games and believe this project to be one of the biggest indie surprises of the year.”

"We are thrilled to be partnering with FOCUS to bring CONTRAST to the public. With all the effort and dedication the team has poured into this project, we feel we have found the partner that understands and fully embraces the creative artistry we have instilled in our game," stated Guillaume Provost, creative director and founder at Compulsion Games. "FOCUS's strong international presence, their experienced team and their unique understanding of CONTRAST make them the ideal partner to communicate the game's vision to a worldwide audience."

In CONTRAST, experience and explore a surreal 1920’s dreamscape, set in a vaudevillian-inspired, film-noir styled backdrop. In a world full of performance, magic, intrigue and deception, the player takes on the role of Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi. Every kid’s imaginary friend is special, and Dawn is no exception. She has the power to shift from the reality of the vibrant game stage into the shadowy parallel world. Gamers will be challenged to unravel the drama by leveraging light sources and manipulating real-world objects to affect the shadows placement, depth, height and overall weighting to solve mind-bending puzzles.

Delve into CONTRAST, a world filled with incredible atmosphere, amplified by a rich cabaret soundtrack and professional voice actor cast. Use Dawn’s special abilities to uncover the mysteries of this world, and help Didi unravel the web of secrets, experienced through the eyes of a child.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #889667
05/24/13 03:17 PM
05/24/13 03:17 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! grin

[By "platformer" are you saying "arcade" style ??]

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #889674
05/24/13 03:33 PM
05/24/13 03:33 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Wow, what a neat concept! Great atmosphere. More of an action game, you think?

EDIT: Just saw Mad's comment. Arcade, then?

Last edited by lanlynk; 05/24/13 03:35 PM.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #889690
05/24/13 05:12 PM
05/24/13 05:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I saw a little of this game....it really does look intriguing. I know there is jumping, but this is one I might have to give a try. Thanks Ana wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #889701
05/24/13 05:56 PM
05/24/13 05:56 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Mad, this here best describes a platformer. I am not good at them, my son used to beat at Mario Bros all the time when he was little, but this one is very intriguing to me.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #889742
05/24/13 09:54 PM
05/24/13 09:54 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks, BrownEyedTigre. I used your link to see what was what smile

Anyway, I have played this type of game in the past and it is what I would refer to as "Arcade".

But maybe, to be more accurate, I should call it "Platforming Arcade" ?? lol

Whatever !! Thanks, again grin

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Announcing Contrast - A Stunning 1920's Film-Noir Puzzle Platformer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #891126
05/31/13 05:22 AM
05/31/13 05:22 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Very Interesting and unique look to the game Ana!

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, mabeco), 239 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users