GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#890027 - 05/26/13 10:03 AM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
maryjo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: New Jersey USA
Hello, I've decided to take Steam off for now. Maybe Steam was just having a bad day.
I'll just wait a while and try again from scratch.
A BIG THANKS to everyone who took the time to answer me maryjo

#890039 - 05/26/13 11:11 AM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Lan, that's usually my approach....wait, let others have the kink headaches and then play it. puppy

Maryjo, sorry it just wouldn't work for you. What will you play next?

#890135 - 05/26/13 11:41 PM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
maryjo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: New Jersey USA
Playing Diablo 2 and Sacred Gold edition smile I,ve always liked those games. Thanks again maryjo

#890378 - 05/28/13 03:01 AM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
I just bought Van Helsing. I think this is the first time I've ever gotten a game that had just come out. There is one more day left on the Promotional Price (ends May 28), 10% off. It's not a huge discount, but still a nice perk. Cost me $13.49.

Despite the bugs (mainly in the co-op mode), most of the players are really enjoying the game. Action RPGs are not my usual style, but the posts say that the storyline and dialog are good. The setting is unique too. And the developers are still communicating and working. There have been 5 patches so far! But there's also this good news:
Quote:
[OFFICIAL] Info about Newgame+ and DLC content!

Dear players,

I’d like to share some info about the close future content of Van Helsing. You can expect Scenario mod by a FREE DLC pretty soon. It will be playable in single player and in co-op mode as well. It kicks off with two levels featuring 30+ level monsters and you will have a Lair (with merchants, laboratory, etc.) Monsters respawn in the Scenario (if you leave the game to the main menu and go back). Later we will add new levels, interesting end game scripts, boss fights and unique items. Although we will not increase the level cap instead you can collect “heroic deeds” which boost your character.

Also, thank you for being part of our community.

Elyse
Upcoming Free DLC

I'm NOT going to download the game yet, not until I see that the patching is pretty much done. But I decided to go ahead and purchase the game to support the developers. Well really, I think I just got caught up in all the excitement on the forum. That'll teach me! lol

#890441 - 05/28/13 10:54 AM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Hey, supporting developers is a great thing! wave

#891283 - 05/31/13 08:16 PM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: looney4labs]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Latest news about the Van Helsing game: New Content is now available.
Quote:
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Scenario DLC Included in update v1.1.00 for free

May 31st, 2013 - Elyse_Neocore

The Scenario DLC enables players to fight high-level monsters that are above the level 30 threshold throughout the new levels reachable from the Secret Lair. Additional levels will be added to the Scenario DLC throughout the year along with unique in-game items and spectacular boss fights. After future updates, players will earn ’’Heroic Deeds” to boost their character to an even more legendary status as they slay the mysterious threats to the world of Borgovia.

Good hunt, fellow Hunters!

There were a couple of days free of patching right before this big update, and I managed to download the game and get the new content. No problems for me. It's running, but I haven't actually gotten into the game yet. I'll let you guys know what it's like in a day or two.

#892978 - 06/08/13 02:22 AM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: lanlynk
I'll let you guys know what it's like in a day or two.

Today the devs gave us another nice update. Single player mode seems to be doing great now, so I got into the game for a while.

Simple, straight-forward game play. The inventory and skills/perks are pretty easy to understand. Guns, swords, magic. You can hover the cursor over items in inventory to get info on them, including what +'s or -'s to stats will happen if equipped.

The dialogue with my ghost lady is fun. Graphics are good. The game is running smoothly on my system. I like it. The look of the game reminds me of Sacred or maybe Divine Divinity. Finely drawn detail. More of a top-down view.

It's a "light" play, meaning even though there's action and enough things to keep me busy, the story isn't as complex and heavy as, say, Skyrim. I love all the choices and deep storyline of games like Skyrim, but I also like a diversion now and then. Just something fun.

One negative I will share though. It only saves on exit. There is no way to make your own saves. That makes me nervous! I'm a fanatic about saving my progress. BUT the devs did share a secret. If you drop an item out of inventory and then pick it up, the game will save! Guess who's going to be dropping and snatching up items along the trail? grin

#893061 - 06/08/13 01:39 PM Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [Re: lanlynk]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

It was sounding great Lan, til the "only saves on exit" thing. I am a save game fanatic. Save save save! I will remember though if I decide to play to drop something and pick it back up, often. wave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Koala, mom of 2, Barry, Sherlock, mabeco, Terri824, gymcandy1, scampy, 1 invisible), 55 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl
8418 Registered Users