GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#890186 - 05/27/13 08:45 AM Re: To All those "Kids" that were born in their 30's-40-50-60-and 70's this is for you!!!!! [Re: Leeana]
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Thank You all smile Have a Great Memorial Day today smile

#890719 - 05/29/13 11:25 AM Re: To All those "Kids" that were born in their 30's-40-50-60-and 70's this is for you!!!!! [Re: Leeana]
joanie39 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lancaster County, Pa.
:)Thank you for sharing this with us,Leeana! It is so great and so true.

--------------------

#893172 - 06/08/13 09:45 PM Re: To All those "Kids" that were born in their 30's-40-50-60-and 70's this is for you!!!!! [Re: Leeana]
GuybrushThreepwood Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
My sister and I rode in the back seat of the station wagon, without seat belts. My brother rode in the rear seat that faced backwards. No seat belt either.

When the gas station attendant filled the car with (leaded) gas, he also washed the windows and check the fluids. All ffor less than a dollar a gallon. My father did not have to get out of the car.

Soda pop, made with sugar not corn syrup, came in 25 cent bottles which the machine had an opener on because there were no twist tops. Cans of pop or beer also required an opener. I miss my child hold 7UP. It had a bight to it, it wasn't this sickening sweet stuff you get now. Oh and root beer actually had sassafras root in it, hence the name ROOT beer. Until some idiot over dozed a rat on sassafras and it got cancer. Rats over dosed on anything get cancer. Its the nature of rats. Now sassafras root is illegal. I would have to eat an entire forest to get cancer but never mind, the nanny state knows better,

We weren't over weight also because going out to a restaurant to eat was a special treat, 4 times a year, Mother's Day and us 3 kid's birthdays. That's it.

#893177 - 06/08/13 09:57 PM Re: To All those "Kids" that were born in their 30's-40-50-60-and 70's this is for you!!!!! [Re: Leeana]
Draclvr Online   content
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
I got to have a pop - or soda here in Missouri - once a year when the bus driver would stop at the local bar/restaurant and give each of us 10¢ because that's how much one cost! Of course "town" had a population of 500 back then.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (maryjo, family, Draclvr, GBC, kjos, Gimme, mabeco, Marian, Robert Gault, 1 invisible), 88 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users