GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#89042 - 06/19/06 01:30 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
Having just finished the game, it gets a thumbs up from me too!! The storyline isn't as strong as say GK2 and you don't get much interaction with the other people around but just enough to keep the story flowing. All the teenagers who have visited and seen me playing are stunned by the quality of the graphics - they are comparing with such as World of Warcraft and guild Wars. if it makes em adventurers, its worth it!!

What I did like is that each of the characters has a bit of good and bad in them, making them more realistic, rather than being squeaky clean like some we come across.

I only had a couple of Duh moments when I got stuck, but it was usually a stupid oversight on my part wink there is a sound puzzle in the game, but as we had a houseful at the time, I did it cold and still managed it with a little trial and error. There is also a colour based puzzle, but I'm sure the shades of grey to a visually challenged individual will give the right tones. If not, ask for help, don't dismiss the game because of one puzzle!!

One for a replay definately!!!

#89043 - 06/21/06 10:13 AM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware
Thanks so much Maggie and Long Live Sierra. I hope you guys enjoy the game and I appreciate your kind words about the review! smile

Cat

#89044 - 07/26/06 07:15 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Jhart320 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: PA. USA
Great review. I just ordered it and put one of the screen shots on my desktop...love the room~
Thank you so much~
Joy

#89045 - 07/30/06 11:13 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware
Thanks Joy! And I know what you mean---what a beautiful, beautiful game!

Cat

#89046 - 08/09/06 12:16 AM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Advpuzlov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: USA
Well, with all that praise, I am tempted myself to get the game. However, I won't be able to play it for some time since I am all "tied up" in correlating the over 2200 photographs I took during the month in Turkey with my notes.

For those of you who have played the game BYZANTINE, one of my projects while in Istanbul was to find the sites used in the game. I had quite good success. Also, prior to that I visited the Library of Celsus in Ephesus (remember that scene?) and I am going to go back over the game again and take HyperSnaps of scenes which are the closest to what I took actual real-life photographs of while in Istanbul. For those interested I will make both sets of photographs available for your own comparison.

#89047 - 08/10/06 12:18 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi Advpuzlov -- I've always wondered what it would be like to visit a city after gaming in it! I'm curious to see what the real-life places look like.

#89048 - 08/29/06 02:04 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Wonderful Review

This game is on my Great list.....I loved the mixing & the Boiling.It was a pleasure to play it.

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#89049 - 08/30/06 09:38 AM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Hi catbelly36,
I want to add my thanks for a wonderful review of this game. I very much enjoyed reading about your reactions to it and sharing through this review your delight in the game as I will not be playing it myself. Seeing it with your eyes is my choice as I long ago decided that this game was not for me. Even knowing already that it was not my kind of game, I was nevertheless curious about it seeing as how many gamers liked it. Thanks much for satisfying that curiosity!

#89050 - 08/30/06 10:39 AM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Sierra, I'm curious as to which elements make you not want to play it? I find it fascinating that our tastes are all so different. wave

#89051 - 08/30/06 08:40 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi looney4labs,
I think maybe I'm too simple minded for the game and I'm also prejudiced against anything DaVinci. I'm really not interested in learning anything about him or about that time or place. History and Geography were both subjects I hated at school, maybe it is some kind of carryover from those days? But I did enjoy reading the review very much! One can't do everything or be everywhere, so I like to see the world through other eyes and in that sharing of their vision I add to my own enjoyment of life. I don't really know how to explain all this, it's just something I feel.

#89052 - 08/30/06 10:07 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
I think you explained yourself very well. It's a fact that no one game is going to make us all happy.

I personally don't care for games that make me use math--unless there is a cheat for it, that is lol

#89053 - 08/31/06 10:40 AM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Talk about math, there is a game (Voyage?) where one had to solve a math puzzle using an alien numbering system. The game tried to explain the symbols and how they were used, so did the walkthrough and after hours of trying this and that I accidentally got it right and I have no idea what I did. Surprised me no end.

#89054 - 09/04/06 03:34 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Santa Maria CA USA
Changing the subject for a minute Byzantine sounds interesting is it a 95 game or XP game? I have XP so need to know if I have to play it in compatibility mode. Thanks

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.

#89055 - 09/04/06 04:12 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi Dutch --

My impression is that others have played this in XP. You can look at Inferno\'s XP setup here. Look down below the "General Drill" to the specifics about Byzantine. It seems to run in Compatibility Mode with little other tweaking, though apparently it might not like auto notification (Inferno tells you how to disable that if you wish).

#89056 - 01/19/07 03:39 PM Re: The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Review
Redhed Offline
Shy Boomer

What a beautiful review!

I might play again for a different ending.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (oldbroad, CanukDenis, deleterman, Melia, Pokey), 99 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users