GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#891941 - 06/03/13 06:56 PM Re: First Look - Prominence by gremlin [Re: Jenny100]
cg_mike Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Long Island, NY
Thanks for the preview, Gameboomers! smile

Originally Posted By: gremlin
Originally Posted By: traveler

I wish you had said more because the in-game footage is about as interesting as watching paint dry to me, gremlin. I'll admit I'm not one for having no one to talk to but Hal, or solitary exploration, and figuring out logic puzzles a la Myst, though I realize plenty of people love games like that. Is that what this is?

As far as I can tell (but I may be wrong), Prominence won't feature long and complex dialogue trees (as were found in your favourite game, from the looks of your location and signature ;)), but does contain mechanical and computer-based logic puzzles. If that's not your thing, walk on by.

That's correct. There are no dialog trees in Prominence.

However, there are more than two dozen characters in the story, and most have quite a bit to say via voice and/or text (depending on how you set the in-game options wink ).

So despite a lack of dialog trees, we still try to have characters who bring some of the triumphs, tragedies, comedy, and drama of the story. The player also uses the various character dialogs and texts to help unravel key events in the story, and sometimes to help solve puzzles.

#892018 - 06/04/13 02:44 AM Re: First Look - Prominence by gremlin [Re: cg_mike]
gremlin Offline

Addicted Boomer

Loc: Isle of Man
Thanks for the input cg_mike. From your avatar, I'm going to guess that you're involved in Prominence, if so, excellent work, keep it up. smile

#892026 - 06/04/13 04:18 AM Re: First Look - Prominence by gremlin [Re: Jenny100]
cg_mike Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Long Island, NY
Glad to help! I've added a sig now. smile Thanks for the kind words.

#892079 - 06/04/13 11:42 AM Re: First Look - Prominence by gremlin [Re: cg_mike]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thank you, cg_mike smile Really looking forward to the game thumbsup

#892222 - 06/05/13 05:19 AM Re: First Look - Prominence by gremlin [Re: Jenny100]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
I checked out the "in game footage" and it looks fantastic! This is my kind of exploring game! I can't wait for this one to be completed. It's looking likes a true exploring adventure game! You've got my vote Mike M.! bravo

#892760 - 06/06/13 10:00 PM Re: First Look - Prominence by gremlin [Re: Jenny100]
Callista Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Singleton, Australia
I have also played this demo game. The full game when it is released will consist of 4 acts. The demo only consists of 2 acts. Within the first 2 acts, the game is still only partially functional. In the final release, there will be quite a few additions to the pre-release.
The game as mentioned by Jenny is slow to begin where the medical Bay is dimly lit due to low power. After restoring power and you can see clearly where you are going,more things are revealed. The game evolves logically and methodically. Without revealing any spoilers, you will be surprised who you are when you meet ANNIE, the central computer.
The puzzles are logical and are well integrated into the game. They are not contrived in that a puzzle is placed for the sake of having a puzzle to solve.
I can only assume that there are survivors somewhere else in the space vessel. You can find out from several communication points after power is restored and you solve a couple of necessary problems, who some of the crew members are and their titles.
The graphics are really great and I am sure most players will love this game. Hats off to Mike Morrison and his team in developing this amazing game.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
15 registered (family, connie, Lex, curly, BrownEyedTigre, kjos, colpet, boidsonly, Haroula, barlouwin, 1 invisible), 88 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users