GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#892537 - 06/06/13 03:23 AM The first Black Mirror game star force encryption
Tristy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
I'm trying to replay this old game, have the original 2 disc version, and I installed it on my Windows 7 laptop. It installed no problem, but when I try to launch the game, the starforce encryption window pops up and keeps saying "You must reboot the computer to complete the installation of the Black Mirror protection drivers," even after I've already restarted the computer twice. It won't give me the option that I can see to type in the encryption code at all. Not sure what to do... frown

#892575 - 06/06/13 08:21 AM Re: The first Black Mirror game star force encryption [Re: Tristy]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
The old version of StarForce on Black Mirror doesn't work on Windows 7.
You have to use a NoCD to get it to work.

#892588 - 06/06/13 09:19 AM Re: The first Black Mirror game star force encryption [Re: Tristy]
Tristy Offline
Settled Boomer

Oh ok, Jenny. I was worried I may not be able to play it on this computer. smirk So, are you saying I have to download the game from somewhere, and if so where is it available to buy for download? Or did you mean I just have to tweak it to get this version to work?

Edited by Tristy (06/06/13 09:27 AM)

#892589 - 06/06/13 09:26 AM Re: The first Black Mirror game star force encryption [Re: Tristy]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

If you don't want to use a NoCD, you can download the game from Gamersgate.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BLMI/black-mirror

#892590 - 06/06/13 09:27 AM Re: The first Black Mirror game star force encryption [Re: Tristy]
Tristy Offline
Settled Boomer

How do I use a NoCD?

#892680 - 06/06/13 05:38 PM Re: The first Black Mirror game star force encryption [Re: Tristy]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: Tristy
How do I use a NoCD?

It depends on the NoCD. The NoCD's I've checked require you to
  • download the NoCD (usually compressed into a .rar file, occasionally into a .zip file or other archive file type),
  • use a program like WinRAR or 7zip to extract the files from inside the .rar (or .zip),
  • replace the file(s) from the game with the file(s) of the same name from the .rar file.

Often all you have to replace is the game .exe, but with Black Mirror you had to replace a few files other than the game .exe. For example, one file was majerk.chr.

There is at least one alternative to Gamersgate. Amazon sells it for $4.99
http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Games-Black-Mirror-Download/dp/B00B7S3KX8

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
1 registered (Sassy), 78 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users