GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#892842 - 06/07/13 10:37 AM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
It will be download only and the price and availability will be announced when they let us know.

Ana wave

Thanks for this info Sheriff
It would probably be to much to ask of them to make it DRM free. Looking forward to the release.

#892846 - 06/07/13 10:55 AM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
k28d13j11 Offline
Settled Boomer

Hello,
thank you for the info.
kathy

#892853 - 06/07/13 11:21 AM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I take it back Greyfuss, I just got a response letting me know it will indeed be available in retail version also. The retail outlets will be varied depending on country so stay tuned on where.

Let me check on the DRM.

#893154 - 06/08/13 07:27 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thank you for your investigating, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

#893267 - 06/09/13 10:49 AM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

I have never played the dracula series. Im a bit confused on what would be dracula 1-3?

#893274 - 06/09/13 11:27 AM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

CountZero, the games are Dracula Resurrection, Dracula 2 The Last Sanctuary and Dracula 3 The Path of the Dragon. All excellent games!

#893287 - 06/09/13 12:08 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
traveler Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
CountZero,

It's not really a series. The games are made by different developers. Canal+ Multimedia developed the first two, which are in sequence and really should be considered one game: Dracula: Resurrection and The Last Sanctuary. In these two, you follow Jonathon Harker as he attempts to rescue his Mina from the clutches of the count. They are terrific and the graphics are still astonishing, IMO, especially in the cut scenes. Some of the puzzles were taxing (at least for me) but not enough to make you want to bite somebody yourself, and all fit perfectly in advancing the game.

The third game is by Kheops. Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon, follows Father Arno as he hunts down Dracula. It is the driest (in my opinion dreary), has a very different Dracula who appears very late in the game, and is my least favorite of the three.

Frogwares created a game called Dracula: Origin in which you follow Professor van Helsing as he chases Dracula through a cemetery in London, then to a strange monastery in Vienna, the sands of Egypt and last to his castle in Transylvania. This is a wonderful game, right up there with the first two but different in look and feel from Resurrection and Sanctuary, in which a sly (sometimes too obvious) sense of humor peeps through, though Dracula has a bit part in this one, too. Another game with beautiful graphics if you care about such things.

Frogwares made a follow-up casual game called Love Kills, available from Big Fish, that oddly shares the box art from the European version of Origin but is in no way to be compared to the adventure game of that name. It's pretty but not nearly on a par with it.

There are reviews of Dracula 3 and Origin here on GB in GB Reviews and some discussion of the first two in the Member Reviews from the forum. Go read and salivate if you're a Dracula fan and haven't played them. grin

Gil.

#893291 - 06/09/13 12:27 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Hi,

One can say that the brains that developed these games worked together. So they can be called a series.
Canal+ Multimedia collaborated a lot with Cryo Interactive.
Cryo Interactive people spread out to other companies when the company was bought by Dreamcatcher.
Benoit Hozjan is-was the brain of Kheops and was formerly with Cryo.

#893298 - 06/09/13 12:59 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

Oh, absolutely. We sure consider them a series whoever made them. smile

The funny thing is, and I'm not sure why, Resurrection and Sanctuary always have a feeling of Microids about them for me. I think it may be the somewhat burlesque characters like the innkeeper and Dracula's henchmen that I associate with Benoit Sokal.

Gil.

#893300 - 06/09/13 01:02 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Gil,

The brains worked and collaborated together from the start with these games. The games are their babies.
Publishers just tag their names on the creations of these people.

#893307 - 06/09/13 02:09 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

You got that right MaG!

Ana wave

#893329 - 06/09/13 03:29 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Addicted Boomer

Nonetheless, you have to admit there are distinct differences in these games. Collaboration doesn't equate to similar experiences in all of them. We'll see how closely 4 follows 3.

Gil.

#893333 - 06/09/13 03:49 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldbroad Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I'm pretty much in agreement with traveler on this. Loved Resurrection and Last Sanctuary; didn't care much at all for Path of the Dragon.

Origin was okay, not all that though. If this new one is available on a disc I will buy it but it doesn't look that good to me so far.

Edited to add a missed word.

Edited by oldbroad (06/09/13 03:51 PM)

#893380 - 06/09/13 07:41 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks everyone for their input. I want to start with the first game whether its a series or not.....

#893408 - 06/09/13 11:08 PM Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" [Re: CountZero]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Well, as always, a matter of personal preference enters into it laugh

I really liked No.1 Resurrection and No.2 Last Sanctuary AND No.3 Path of the Dragon - and I certainly considered them to be a series yes

And I did also play Origin - but it wasn't as much to my taste and I didn't enjoy it as much.

And that's how it goes !! lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
22 registered (dragonuk44, curly, DoreenS, 3dobermans, CanukDenis, judith, BobH, kjos, Jenny100, BrownEyedTigre, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Poppysmom, shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann
8420 Registered Users