* Very beneficial links and suggestions, thank you
* Great idea about taking a look at the manual, why didn’t I think of that?
* Glad you brought it up, the XP’s are both Dell’s XPS 410 Nvidia GeForce 8600GT & Dimension 8300 Nvidia GeForce 7600GS
* No more KVM switches for me, burned through my second one which was very good a short time ago. Plus there seems to be some lag and maybe picture degradation too. Thats why a direct hook up is where I want to go.
* Thanks for the info about the video card and a new monitor. Duly noted.
* Using the CRT with the 98se is the only way to go with the oldies. LCD’s just can’t touch what the CRT does with the low resolution (Thanks to Jenny100)
* Don’t know why you got the idea that I was buying a new monitor based on the old XP machines. In fact it quite the opposite.an investment for the future. Hope the new one will last as long as the one I have now. I have heard that the LED’s do last longer.
Thanks so much for your input. Graphic cards will probably be covered in Part 3
OK...GreyFuss's new computer Part 2 is decided. New Monitor will be ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED Monitor
To go along with Part 1's conclusion that the OS will be Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
Thanks for everyone's input. I am really learning a lot with you continued help. I think we are past the hard parts so on to the meat and potato’s.........
Part 3 of "GreyFuss's new computer" will come in a new thread soon