Part 3: Build Me A New Computer!!!
At Last! Now for the fun part. I hope to learn even more than I did in Parts 1 & 2.
Keeping in mind the results of Part 1
... Windows 7, Home Premium 64 Bit & Part 2
... ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED Monitor, Lets build GreyFuss a computer.
First, before the details, a question...Which place is preferable?
EcollegePC or CyberPowerPC somewhere else?
Now onto some of the things I think I want/need...
* I am not looking for a budget configuration, nor am I looking to break the bank. I would hope this PC will last past the 2020 Windows 7 support expiration date and not have to be constantly upgrading because I choose to save a few dollars now. Its one of those, you can pay me now or pay me later things. I rather pay it now.
* I play mostly Adventure games but that doesn’t mean that my 6 year old Grandson might want to play an action game or flight simulator. I won’t let him play the shoot-em up, bloody zombie stuff but I don’t mind him dropping a few bombs from planes on unsuspecting people or strafing a convoy LOL.
* I do like to do some Photo editing and just a little grapic design for fun.
* I do a lot of Internet research and do downloading, in fact, for this new PC, I just ordered a super fast Internet through my Cable company, 60mbps download, 5mbps upload so I would want any new configuration be powerful enough to handle that if that makes sense.
*Don’t need any Mice, Keyboards or Monitor (See Part 2)
* Big enough case to allow for any future upgrades, air circulation and enough space extra fans to never have a heating problem but not so many as to alert the Air Traffic Controllers.
* Speedy Processor
* I am old school about Hardrive space so I don’t keep a lot of unnecessary stuff. For example I have 320 GB now but have 195GB free. So that being said at least a 500GB fast Hard Drive
* Load me up with RAM, 8GB of the fastest type memory????
* Beefy Power Supply, Plenty enough for this configuration and enough for any potential upgrades in the future. Would rather have too much Power than just enough.
* I like Nvidia Graphics cards. Would like one that would have no problems with the most demanding Adventure games with all settings set to high and also powerful enough to play some not so intensive action games and have plenty of onboard memory and fan..I think
* Fast DVD/CD Optical drive that will do it all like read and write dual layer.and Rewritables
* Sound Card, of course. I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi now
So lets have some fun and Build my computer