GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Part 3: Build GreyFuss a Computer!!! [Re: GreyFuss] #894875
06/16/13 01:46 PM
06/16/13 01:46 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I always had good intentions to do all the things you do... Unfortunately, they never seemed to get done! I finally went to the lazy, no brainer "let Carbonite do it" method!

Windows 8 does have a nifty feature called File History that backs up my files to an exterior drive every day. Windows 7 had something similar, but it didn't work nearly as well.

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Part 3: Build GreyFuss a Computer!!! [Re: GreyFuss] #896661
06/24/13 11:03 AM
06/24/13 11:03 AM
Florida
J
JeanK Offline
Settled Boomer
JeanK  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Florida
Congratulations, Greyfuss!! I'm looking at early next year to getting my new computer. I got carried away and bought an Ipad the other day which reduced my savings, lol.

I'll be following theses threads up till the time I make my decision. I'm currently looking at the Cyperpower Black Pearl. I really want an Apple iMac, but there still aren't many games out for it. Sigh.

Last edited by JeanK; 06/24/13 12:21 PM.

"So, Holmes. What are we doing now?"
Re: Part 3: Build GreyFuss a Computer!!! [Re: GreyFuss] #900792
07/12/13 09:33 PM
07/12/13 09:33 PM
GreyFuss Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Time for an update for you to know what has been happening since last we spoke. From my first lessons in Part 1: Windows 7 Support & Security Updates ??? to Part 2: Computer Monitors??? , and finally here in Part 3: Build GreyFuss a Computer!!! The Finale!!!

I must say that, because I have changed everything its like starting all over. From the new computer, new operating system, new wide screen monitor, new super high speed Internet which, btw, is running at 68.29Mbps download & 5.95Mbps upload as we speak, required me to learn a new email program, change all my Email addresses, which required address changes to close to 100 sites I have accounts at. With the new super speed Internet came a free WiFi set up which I knew nothing about so I now have LittleFusses computer, my laptop and one of the XP desktops hooked up to the Internet Wireless in addition to this new one. Of course with that I had to download and install the Free AVG and MalwareBytes on those PC's to make sure they are secure. Updating drivers and seeing if my programs and the printer will work in Windows 7 64 bit.

Let me start off with the monitor...I love it. One of the reasons I wanted at least a 24” was that the height of the screen was not sacrificed for the widescreen aspect. The screen height is about exactly the same as my existing 20” 4:3 I have been using for the last 9 years. And boy...I remember how much I loved the extra desk space when upgrading from the CRT monitor to a flatpanel way back but now, since I have this new monitor mounted to the wall my entire desk is free and clear. The picture on this LED monitor is beautiful, clear and vivid did I say I love it?

This Computer Case is AWESOME!!!! Its fan-tastic and I mean that. This computer has more fans than any other I have owned and......I can't hear a thing. They are virtually silent including the huge 200mm one on the side of the case. These fans do a fantastic job as there is no heat coming from the back of the computer at all. The 2 XP PC's next to it are blasting out warm air while the new PC is silent and cool. Love the blue LED lights showing on the fans through the case also. There is an easily accessible switch on the front to turn them off and on. Didn't think I would like new fangled stuff like that but I was wrong. Inside the case is both massive and beautiful with all the wires away from view. Both side panels remove for easy access. Any upgrades in the future will be easy with all this room. This huge Nvidia 660ti graphics card is a monster compared to the others I have had. I haven't had the chance to put it through any strenuous tasks but that will come with time. It looks like a plumber put it together as there is tubing running through and around it. I have since installed a Sound Card and it was so easy because my big hands fit easily into this case and because the wires are nearly invisible I had no trouble. The surround sound that came on the MotherBoard was very good but didn't have a lot of adjustments like I have been use to. I have been using Creative Labs Soundblaster Cards for a long time and like the adjusting and tuning features. Did I say how much I love this case?

Although I was quite prepared to be frustrated with learning the new Windows 7 64bit OS it has turned out to be painless. Sure, its different to the XP's I have been so use too but I have been surprised at how much easier it has been for me to catch on. I have also been pleasantly surprised that some of my old and trusted software installed and work easily on Windows 7 64bit using just the XP compatibility mode. I thought I would have to spend lots of cash buying new, updated versions of my favorite programs. I couldn't have done this without all of you who helped here, at Game Boomers Glitches Forum. With the suggestions, interest, questions and research from you made for a more confident selection on my part and for this I am truly appreciative. .

Thanks all for your help and interest.
GF

"Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful...There Are Many Other Reasons!"
Re: Part 3: Build GreyFuss a Computer!!! [Re: GreyFuss] #900800
07/12/13 10:32 PM
07/12/13 10:32 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
The sounds you hear are Drac jumping up and down and yelling, "Nicely done, Greyfuss! Woo hoo!"

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (manxman, Draclvr, Lex, 1 invisible), 226 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users