GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#894097 - 06/13/13 12:39 AM Ripper
gameho Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm not really sure where to post this problem, so please feel free to move it to the correct topic. That said, I had tried to play this game years ago and could not get very far without it crashing so I sold it. I recently purchased it and it looks very similar like the game I sold....meaning packaging. However, when I play this "new" game that I bought, the language is censored. I don't remember that from before. Is there a way to turn off the censoring? I also don't know if anything else will be censored.

Thanks,

gameho

#894182 - 06/13/13 10:18 AM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
If you didn't see anything in the options panel to turn off the censoring, I would say it's not possible. Perhaps someone else that has the game can tell you if they have encountered the same issue.

Ana wave

#894253 - 06/13/13 03:48 PM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
??
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117483/alternateversions

I assumed I had the uncensored version because nothing was bleeped. But if the only difference is the amount of gore, I'm not so sure.

#894343 - 06/13/13 10:14 PM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
gameho Offline
Settled Boomer

Eh, it looks like I've got the censored version. Ah well, I just won't be able to hear Chris' filthy mouth.

#894350 - 06/13/13 11:10 PM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Does anyone know if there has been an XP installer for Ripper or are we still left with only are figuring of DosBox?

#894400 - 06/14/13 08:27 AM Re: Ripper [Re: GreyFuss]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Does anyone know if there has been an XP installer for Ripper or are we still left with only are figuring of DosBox?

Not free, but there's this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230998473600

I'm guessing the seller is a programmer who wants to be paid for the work he puts into getting the game running on newer OS with a single click.

#894403 - 06/14/13 08:53 AM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Jenny100

I loved the game but not sure that much. I wonder if his installer solves the issue of disk swapping and if this guy can figure out this easily making installers for all these classic games how come they aren't more available. Hmmm, I wonder if he puts some type of copy protection on his installer disks so they can't be copied. I think I will ask him. 100% satisfaction on over 4000 sales can't be wrong...right?

#894458 - 06/14/13 12:13 PM Re: Ripper [Re: GreyFuss]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi GreyFuss smile

I have bought some games from this seller and they have all worked perfectly.
[No copy protection as far as I'm aware.]

Also, his "after sales service" is excellent thumbsup

And if you contact him before buying I'm sure you'll find him very helpful.

Cheers.

Mad grin

#894463 - 06/14/13 12:23 PM Re: Ripper [Re: Mad]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
I've also bought a few games from the same seller - he is very friendly & easy to communicate with!

#894483 - 06/14/13 01:06 PM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mad & Chrissie

Thank you, its good to hear that the guy isn't a rip off. Did you also receive original game disks with the install disks or were they copy/burns of the original games? Did you have to use the game disks for your games installations or did the update Installation disk install the game also? The price is still a hard pill to swallow and makes the decision harder for sure but I am going to contact him. It sure would be nice to have a copy of this game to play whenever and not have to jump through hoops to get it to run. I like no brainers...fits me we.

#894509 - 06/14/13 02:26 PM Re: Ripper [Re: GreyFuss]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi GreyFuss, my experience of the games I've bought & played is that the seller sends you the original disc + an installation disc to be compatible with Xp, Win 7 & Win 8. You don't need to use the original disc as it's for copyright purposes only & you just install from the installation disc which incorporates whatever other programs/tweaks needed to run the game & it goes! Yes! the games are expensive in varying degrees depending on what you buy & amongst his catalogue are games that you can buy cheaper from GOG etc.

I finally got to play Callahan's Crosstime Saloon perfectly (I was sent an original disc) & I have a few other older games too - yes, you can go down the path of ordering the original games & download all the dosbox etc stuff - but this guy makes it so easy it's well worth the money if you really want to play the game & don't have the technical knowhow or can't be bothered to work at making it work!

Edited by chrissie (06/14/13 02:29 PM)

#894510 - 06/14/13 02:38 PM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Chrissie

Installing the entire game from the Installation disk sure sounds like it would solve the disk swapping in Ripper but I better ask just to make sure. Your help is much appreciated

#894605 - 06/15/13 01:38 AM Re: Ripper [Re: GreyFuss]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
I remember enjoying this game so very much when it first came out. After reading all these comments and getting the URL to the ebay site, I asked the seller if there was any disk swapping and he replied that the installation disk took care of it all and that there was no disk swapping.

So I now have the game ordered and am awaiting arrival.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#894668 - 06/15/13 11:09 AM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Excellent oldman

Thanks for sharing that with us. Could you come back after you get the game and installing it to let us know what you think?

#894733 - 06/15/13 05:13 PM Re: Ripper [Re: gameho]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Southern Exposure
After reading this post I searched out my original game that has 6 discs and I used DOS to install it and I had forgotten some of the language that is used but I do remember story wise it was a very good game. The only thing I don't like about my DOS installation is that I have to play it in a half screen.
Currently playing Companions Of Xanth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (manxman, BobH, BrownEyedTigre, rmt, CCbomber, PolloDiablo, Draclvr, seagul, 2 invisible), 92 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users