GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#895662 - 06/19/13 07:44 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Glad you are enjoying it!

#895695 - 06/19/13 09:49 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
UruBoo Offline
Junior Boomer

Just to all notice: this is not a "full" game. It is periodic. Too short and too expensive for what it brings to us. Good game but not "that" game. It's more on the casual game side. Not even get close to the good and "full" game as Dracula 3 was. To my point of view, this part is the 1/4th of the full game that I was expecting.

Edited by UruBoo (06/19/13 09:51 PM)

#895696 - 06/19/13 09:57 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
The trailer looked like a casual game to me but I'm surprised they didn't tell you this was going to be episodic. Bummer.

Gil.

#895698 - 06/19/13 10:12 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

THis is not episodic. They are however working on a Dracula 5 but this is a full game.

#895705 - 06/19/13 10:44 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
UruBoo Offline
Junior Boomer

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you, BrownEyedTigre. It IS NOT a full game. It is an episodic game. Or if you think that a "full" game can be finished in less than 3 hours is a full game, then you are right. I don't think so... The end game is abrupt, telling you that a 5th episode will come. That, for me, is telling us that it is an episodic game. And an expensive one, by the way...

Edited by UruBoo (06/19/13 10:52 PM)

#895834 - 06/20/13 11:52 AM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

The game is a not concluded in this release. As stated at the ending of Dracula 4; there will be a Dracula 5 to continue the story.

#895849 - 06/20/13 01:13 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks MaG. Sorry Uruboo, I was misinformed.

Ana wave

#895860 - 06/20/13 02:10 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Well I wont complain due to the lack of new adventure games available, but this dracula is by far the worst. The rest were really good. This one reminds me of a Nancy drew type game with just puzzles..I am not far into the game, but it seems very (like a low budget game) lol....i will plug away at it...so far not impressed...also the movement is not great either.....ok rant over..lol

#895866 - 06/20/13 02:30 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: hamer]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Oh, dear !! That sounds very disappointing, hamer frown

#895918 - 06/20/13 07:24 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
From reading all the comments about the game I think that this is one that I will be passing on. Maybe when Drac 5 comes out and I've read the comments on both of them together, I may reconsider. I do have a couple dozen games screaming at me "play me, play me!" lol rotfl

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#895919 - 06/20/13 07:28 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Veggiechiliqueen Offline
Shy Boomer

Ugh, I'm really mad at myself that I didn't read this thread before purchasing the game for $20!!! I got Dracula 3 for free during the pumpkin carving promo in 2008, and thought it was a solid little adventure (if short on vampires).

I've only been playing Dracula 4 for about 10 minutes, but am already NOT impressed by the clunky interface, too-easy puzzles, and graphics. This feels like a circa-2006 (or earlier) game. I guess I was mislead by the flashy trailers that looked like throwbacks to Dracula: Origin (which I really enjoyed!).

Oh, and a minor rant that smacks of laziness: when you see the "newspapers," only the headlines are fleshed out, and the rest of the text (which is large enough to be legible) is Lorem Ipsum. I work in publishing for a living, and even when I do mockups, I don't use Lorem Ipsum to auto-generate text...Even the Nancy Drew games bother to "write" articles to fill out newspapers and text seen in-game.

Edited by Veggiechiliqueen (06/20/13 07:33 PM)

#896011 - 06/21/13 05:13 AM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Callista Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Singleton, Australia
Also there is a download from gamers Gate.

#896241 - 06/22/13 11:02 AM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sorry but I will have to agree with Uruboo, if this is a full game then it is the shortest full game adventure ever made this side of free, online games. I will also say that it is also short for a Chapter 1 of an episodic adventure. I don't want to be a downer, the game did show some promise story and game play wise but the sudden ending after a few hours of game play and the story continued in Dracula 5 that you see at the end left too much to be desired. If they plan on charging this much for each episode then, depending on how many episodes, a full adventure game might end up costing $80 to $100. Hmmmm...is this why there isn't a real web site for the game opened before release?...Just sayin, would love to see a response from Anuman.

#896545 - 06/23/13 06:08 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
birddog Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Colorado
Thanks for letting us know about this. I just played it and loved it. Reminds me a little of how Kheops Studio used to put together games.

#896563 - 06/23/13 09:12 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: birddog]
Callista Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Singleton, Australia
Dracula 4 is nowhere near as good as Dracula3 It's not bad but too short being an episodic game (GRRRHHHH!)
I found the game to be most linear in that if you are missing just one thing you cannot solve a puzzle or progress any further. I found in the library I was stuck for ages before entering the secret room. I had read the codes from the books but not clicked on it. As I had not verified to the game I had the code, it would not let me enter. One aspect of the game I did really like was the use of the Adventure Mode and the Casual Mode. I played 99.8% of the game using Adventure Mode with markers turned off. Just a couple of things I had problems finding, so I turned to Casual for a few seconds and found what I was after.
I also found the lip synch to be atrocious when Adam and Ellen talk. There is no lip movement when talking and some lip movement when there is no talking. I put it down to the translation from the native language in what the game was made to the English dub.
These comments are just my 2 cents worth.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
2 registered (cailyn, Lex), 50 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision
8566 Registered Users