GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Winners - DarkStar Game and Movie - Winners [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #893151
06/08/13 07:13 PM
06/08/13 07:13 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I just received my game too. It arrived in good shape: hard-plastic DVD case, 2 discs. I've got a couple of other games going now, but I'll install Darkstar soon and let you guys know how it goes!

Thank you again. This is great! flowers

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Winners - DarkStar Game and Movie - Winners [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #894063
06/12/13 08:48 PM
06/12/13 08:48 PM
Unionville
manxman Offline
Sonic Boomer
manxman  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Unionville
Dark Star arrived today woot
Thank you thanks

Sometimes lost is where you need to be. Just because you don't know your direction doesn't mean you don't have one.
Re: Winners - DarkStar Game and Movie - Winners [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #894064
06/12/13 08:51 PM
06/12/13 08:51 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
yay Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Winners - DarkStar Game and Movie - Winners [Re: lanlynk] #895714
06/19/13 11:08 PM
06/19/13 11:08 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Originally Posted By: lanlynk
I'll install Darkstar soon and let you guys know how it goes!

Took time to install the game on my desktop this afternoon. I know why they call it an interactive movie: there were a lot of .mov files to install! It took quite awhile. Then I had to install QuickTime and download an update for it too, which also took some time.

I watched the prologue and tried to explore some, get a feel for the controls. This is a QuickTime game; it makes extensive use of the QT viewer. The game itself plays in a window surrounded by a border-like interface. The game viewing area seems to be about half the size of my screen. You can change the levels of three sound types: dialogue, music, sound effects. But there doesn't appear to be any way to tweak the graphics settings. There is a zoom in/out function for getting a closer look at certain things in the game.

The character movement and graphic changes were noticeably slow for me. I have a fairly decent computer (with/Win7), so this doesn't bode well for people trying to play the game on an moderate or lesser computer. I didn't experience any glitches or jerky cursor jumps--just slow response and movements.

The game is a mix of 1st person and 3rd, with the interactive part being done in 1st person view. The graphics are good. The game has atmospheric sounds and music. It's interesting to watch the main character respond to some of the actions you take. You really do need to just kick back and watch the show every now and then, but you can also click out of cut scenes if you want.

The story sets up an intriguing beginning, with a definite hint of villainy. I feel kind of lost as to what I'm suppose to do first here, but that's about par for adventure games! So my plan is to fall back on Rule #1: Explore. The game also comes with a very good walkthrough. Oh, and I did read that you can die, but not sure about the particulars on that ... yet. shocked

Well, there you go. My first impressions of Darkstar. Thanks again to GameBoomers, J. Allen Williams and Parallax Studios. This is an unusual game that promises some solid entertainment! smile

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Winners - DarkStar Game and Movie - Winners [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #895719
06/19/13 11:43 PM
06/19/13 11:43 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks for coming back and letting us know what you think.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users