GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#901425 - 07/15/13 06:38 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: ottawa canada
hi marian, excuse my stupidity please but i do not understand your explanation. robert.

#901427 - 07/15/13 07:03 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Hi robert, no problem, let's try again. Here is what MaG's walkthrough says about the archives; feel free to read it over and see what you may have missed. This should be a better explanation. smile

Quote:
Exit and go to the door at right of the pop machine. Use Minnelli's eye on retinal scanner. In the Archive room is a printer, computer and control panel. Use the computer and search for Warren Hughes. Click on 'Erika Hughes' to remember her colonization number. Click on 'delete' and then 'print' on the screen. Click on 'Main' and search (scroll down) for the col#0050123185353260 (if you search for Erika Hughes or Vanguard, there will be no info available). Print the info about Erika Drake. Click on 'main' again and search for Church of Voltec. Click on Jacob McAllen's name on the screen. Search for Jacob McAllen and after the warning, click continue and look close at the code at bottom right (make note of it). Go back to 'main' and select Log off. Take the printouts from the printer. Look at and use control panel. Enter the code seen on Jacob McAllen's search. Click on buttons 11, 16, 1 and 8. Look at the Vanguard folder automatically placed in inventory and find the Vanguard datacube.

#902514 - 07/20/13 02:51 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Marian, i am at the Enclave and which book should i ask Minstrum Yerin for the 'flying people'?. i eventually want to ask Captain Nebevay about the island of Alais. robert.

#902516 - 07/20/13 03:00 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Hi Robert,

MaG's walkthrough says:

After the long commentaries, say "I'm looking for some information, but I'm not sure which book to ask for".

In your dialogue box you should then see a line that mentions the flying people. If you can't see that line, you might need to scroll down the dialogue box. There could be too many lines to fit onscreen at one time. Minstrum Yerin should then bring you the book about the Alatians.

#902542 - 07/20/13 06:27 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Rushes, i am not too sure what you mean by 'dialogue box'. could you specify please. robert.

#902543 - 07/20/13 06:30 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

It's the selectable lines of dialogue that appear for you to click on, usually at the bottom of the game screen. smile

There's a LOT of dialogue in this section at the enclave. It'll take quite a while to get through it all, if you want to cover everything.

#902701 - 07/21/13 01:14 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Rushes, how many times do i have to read and re-read these books ad nauseum until i get to the one about 'flying people'? robert.

#902703 - 07/21/13 01:29 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Did you talk to Brian Westhouse yet, and did he mention the "flying people"?

You need to have covered this topic in dialogue with other characters first, in order to be able to ask about it at the enclave.

Then, at the enclave, choose the line "I'm looking for some information, but I'm not sure which book to ask for...", and you should see an option to select for "the flying people".

#902945 - 07/22/13 01:56 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Rushes, i got the 'flying people' book ok. thanks. after getting the bird and calling him 'crow', how do i get the map merchant to give me the map of the Northlands to find Tun Luiec? robert.

#902948 - 07/22/13 02:05 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Hi Robert,

You need to give him the delivery list from your inventory. He'll only accept it if you completed the last delivery that he gave to you and acquired a signature for it. What was the last delivery that you made? You should have clicked the list on that person to get their signature of receipt for the map. luck

#902960 - 07/22/13 02:44 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Rushes. i cannot remember the last delivery i made. is there any way to find out? robert.

#902961 - 07/22/13 02:51 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

I think if you examine the delivery list in close-up in inventory, it'll tell you.

#905331 - 08/02/13 11:24 AM Re: the longest journey [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Rushes, i am now at sea and i can't get the captain to take away the talisman to hide it from the spirit compass. what have i done wrong? robert.

#905332 - 08/02/13 11:31 AM Re: the longest journey [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Hi robert,

Did you manage to distract both the Captain and Tun so that you could use the talisman on the compass?

Double check that you have exhausted all dialogue with Tun, after she returns to the wheel. You need to speak with her a couple of times.

Is the storm approaching yet? That's when you know to try to take back the talisman from the compass. Then the Captain should catch you at it and take it himself.

#905344 - 08/02/13 01:31 PM Re: the longest journey [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi rushes, i still can't get the captain to take the talisman. is there any more you can tell me - keywords from the game, for example, to help please? robert.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Kaki's Sister, Kayc, Cue, CanukDenis, Jarkeld, Volkana, mj2c, curly, kjos, Butcher), 77 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users