Hi robert, have you followed the walkthrough for this puzzle? If you have, it wouldn't hurt to try following these instructions again.
Machine: Go to the machine on the left screen by the door. Save game here.
1. Use the ring on the 2 separated wires to get power to the machine.
2. Set all 4 levers to the horizontal position by flipping the left and right screws. The left screw holds in place any of the levers (seen with red light) and the right screw moves the other 3 levers.
a. From Left to right - Keep the red light on #1 lever and click on right screw to have 1 and 2 levers similar in position.
b. Click on left screw to move red light to #3 lever and then move the right screw so that 1, 2, 3 are in the same position.
c. Click on left screw to move red light to #4 lever which should now be in horizontal position (if not in horizontal position start over using the saved game) and then click on right screw to have them all in horizontal.
3. Turn the valve of the tank on the left and that will move the pressure gauge from 100 to 37.5.
4. Turn the wheel to drain the water.
5. Take the clamp off the tubing. When you exit, April will take her ring back or take the ring before exiting.