GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#898235 - 07/01/13 01:56 PM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I'm not sure what it means. It looks like it would be associated with 3D rendering, but you say you were using the software mode.

Is it possible you have a corrupt saved game? Can you restart the game without the error?

I can send you a bunch of saves from playing the game on Windows 98, but I don't know whether they'd work on Windows 7. You'd have to ask about how to use the saves in the Hints forum. Windows 7 undoubtedly puts saves in a different location than Windows 98 did.

I've uploaded the saves to my dropbox account in case you want to try them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw0d5wia258xc4d/MotD.zip

#898542 - 07/03/13 06:40 AM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Enland
I had Direct X already but downloaded the updated version, but all to no avsil! Any other ideas please?

#898556 - 07/03/13 08:55 AM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

It's possible that the current DirectX doesn't include an older DirectX file that the game needs. Did you install the DirectX 8 that shipped with the game? Installing older DirectX won't overwrite DirectX 11, but will add files included with DirectX 8 that aren't in 11 by default.

If you can't find the DirectX 8 installer on your game disc, you can get it from
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/directx/

#898619 - 07/03/13 02:46 PM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer

I will ask my son to do the above. I did actually get past the place with the cougar by missing the part where it usually comes up. I didn't expect it to work but it did. I got a little further in the game now the cougar is back, on the bridge and nothing to miss.The main character is picking up and placing boards on a gap to cross the bridge so stuck again till my son has a look at the DirecX thing. Get back to you, thanks all for your help so far.

#898849 - 07/04/13 02:59 PM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer

My poor patient son has downloaded Direct X 8 and the game did eventually continue on after I went back to a saved game two lots back. Not sure which one worked but happily played for another half hour and again with the cougar! I think I ought to just concede as I darent ask for any more help. I must be driving everyone daft! Anyhoo thanks once again for all the time spent with me and my lame game. I will keep at it till it gives or I do.

#898925 - 07/04/13 07:08 PM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

I think the game is just not going to run well on your computer.
Make sure to save often and good luck.

#899126 - 07/05/13 12:59 PM Re: The Mystery of the Druids [Re: Lozza]
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks mate, let you know if I win or throw in the towel?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (Darlene, Draclvr, Laurette, kjos, gymcandy1, Marian, rmt, traveler), 72 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose, Mistywarren, keonie
8511 Registered Users