GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#891034 - 05/30/13 02:48 PM Re: Mass Effect 2 [Re: oldman]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
Well I am into ME2 now and can tell you that I am pretty disappointed. It seems to be geared more towards the shooter aspect than the RPG. In ME2 there is no inventory and you have to upgrade and everything by finding an armory. There is also no real area map. In most areas that you are in when you hit the map key you just have a circle in the lower right hand corner that has a pointer showing you the direction you need to go. When you get into a major city then an area map will appear. Also the key mapping was completely different in ME2 than it was in ME1. Fortunately you can remap them so I did that because I was already familiar with the ME1 settings.

All in all (and these are just my preferences) I prefer ME1 and don't think I will even try ME3 unless I can read somewhere that ME3 has returned to the familiar ground of the basic game.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#898848 - 07/04/13 02:59 PM Re: Mass Effect 2 [Re: oldman]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I've finished ME1 as previously stated and am almost to the end of ME2 and have been reading and getting mixed reactions to ME3 so thought I'd ask to see if any Boomers have played the entire series.

There are those who really have negative things to say about ME3 and those who really like it. The most negative comments I've read are about the ending and, although one may not like an ending, I can't see that being a reason to dis the whole game.

Anyway if any on you have played the entire series I'd like any thoughts, pro or con, you may have.

If I get ME3 I have to go with Origin as Steam is not carrying it. Not a deciding factor as I have accounts with both.

John

#898891 - 07/04/13 05:27 PM Re: Mass Effect 2 [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Oldman, you might get more responses with a separate thread on ME3. luck

#898913 - 07/04/13 06:54 PM Re: Mass Effect 2 [Re: oldman]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thank you but I didn't want to get sent to MaG's and Brown Eyed Tiger's "naughty corner" for starting multiple threads. blush rotfl

John

#898920 - 07/04/13 07:05 PM Re: Mass Effect 2 [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
lol Oldman, I think you'd be safe. ME3 is not the same game as ME2 wave

#899521 - 07/07/13 09:31 AM Re: Mass Effect 2 [Re: oldman]
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sweden
The ending is most certainly NOT the only problem with Mass Effect 3. The game is full of ridicolous fetch quests without any real structure, it is extremely linear, the writing is really subpar (even for Bioware), a lot of the dialogue is on rails without any player input and there are almost no occurences of any major choices or consequences.

The abysmal ending (seriously, what were they thinking?!) is just the tip of the iceberg. The rest of the game is a somewhat mediocre third-person shooter, but compared to the other games it's absolutely awful. Also, the developers flat out lied when they stated that "each and every decision you make will have a profound effect on the ending of the series". That is simply not true. So in the end, what they gave us was a rushed, simplified shooter which contained nothing of what they promised.

Edited by Drizzt (07/07/13 09:34 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (misslilo, colpet, Akkad, OrleansBelle, Flo NS, Space Quest Fan, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users