GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #893861
06/12/13 01:04 AM
06/12/13 01:04 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Matt Smith quits as the Doctor

Matt Smith's Doctor said of John Hirt's character "I said he was me, I didn't say he was the Doctor". "The Doctor" is a name he gave himself to describe the kind of person he would be. This other person apparently did evil things that go against that. So Matt Smith's character says John Hirt's character is a version of him but not one recognizable as "the Doctor".

A lot of us old time fans believe John Hurt is the Valyeard, introduced in the 1986 fourteen episode "Trial of a Time Lord". The Valeyard (Michael Jayston) was the prosecutor in the Doctor's (Colin Baker) trial. During the last 2 episodes the Master (Anthony Ainley) appears to reveal that the Valeyard is in fact the dark side of the Doctor somehow brought to life between the Doctor's last regenerations (at the time the limit was 12, giving the Doctor 13 lives). How this happened is never explained. The Valeyard had to have crossed the Doctor's time line in order to be at the sixth Doctor's trial before he himself actually came into existance. He wanted to steal the Doctor's regenerations (7-12) to be free of the Doctor's morality. He also tried to murder the Gallifreyan supreme court justices.

If John Hirt is the Valeyard he's not a normal regeneration but an aberration and doesn't count among the 12 regenerations (or whatever they change the limit to).

Oh I forgot, another interesting theory, is that it was John Hirt's "Doctor" who actually destroyed Gallifrey. The idea being that a good version of the Doctor couldn't have committed such an act of betrayal against his own people, even if it ended the Time War.

Presumably, we'll find out more about John Hirt's Doctor in the anniversary special.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/12/13 01:16 AM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #900633
07/12/13 01:41 AM
07/12/13 01:41 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
In the episode "The God Complex" the 11th Doctor looks into a room that is supposed to contain his greatest fear. The camera doesn't show what he sees. He says "Of course, who else" and closes the door. It just came to me who is most likely in that room. Originally I figured it was himself. But now I think its supposed to be John Hurt's character. Steven Moffat likes putting things in Doctor Who that make more sense later on. The best example of this is River Song. She first appears with the 10th Doctor talking as if she's known him for years but he has no idea who she is. If you watch the 11th Doctor episodes than go back and watch her with the 10th it all makes sense, and is ending is so much more tragic.

Steven Moffat talks about anniverary, Christmas, new Doctor

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 07/13/13 12:25 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #900634
07/12/13 01:47 AM
07/12/13 01:47 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Sounds like you are enjoying it Guybrush.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #900828
07/13/13 02:00 AM
07/13/13 02:00 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
The current theory about John Hurt, supposedly leaked by a costume designer, is that he's the real 9th Doctor. That Christopher Eccleston was really number 10, David Tennant really number 11 and Matt Smith really number 12 and of course the new Doctor would be 13 not 12. The idea is that he turned bad and the other versions of the Doctor don't acknowledge his existence. If true this makes the new Doctor theoretically the last. because according to the original series a time lord can only regenerate 12 times, giving him 13 lifes, Of course they'll come up with a way to get around this.

Currently Playing:
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #900904
07/13/13 12:22 PM
07/13/13 12:22 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Yes, the magic of tv does seem to be able to deal with most plot problems lol

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: looney4labs] #901177
07/14/13 04:25 PM
07/14/13 04:25 PM
B.C. Canada
copper Offline
Settled Boomer
copper  Offline
Settled Boomer

B.C. Canada
Now I really feel like an "old boomer", I can still remember getting excited about the "new" tv show on BBC. I always thought William Hartnell was a good choice for the 1st Doctor, always grumpy and bad tempered, just like old people always seemed to be back then.
Perhaps it was because they did not have computergames and Gameboomers?????

Last edited by copper; 07/15/13 02:52 PM.

Copper
Re: Doctor Who bring back old monsters [Re: copper] #901201
07/14/13 10:03 PM
07/14/13 10:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Originally Posted By: copper
I always thought William Hartnell was a good choice for the 1st Doctor, always grumpy and bad tempered, just like old people always seemed to be back then.
Perhaps it was because they did not have computergames and Gameboomers?????

rotfl

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users