GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901142
07/14/13 01:24 PM
07/14/13 01:24 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hmmmm, Oldman, I searched for saved games. Found plenty for ME 1 & 2 but not for 3. sad

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901182
07/14/13 07:06 PM
07/14/13 07:06 PM
Sweden
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer
Drizzt  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Have you also tried trainers, Oldman?

Are they dead? Yes. Unlike you they have but one life...and they wasted it for your sake!
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901332
07/15/13 01:11 PM
07/15/13 01:11 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As I remember it from Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age: Origins, there should be a cheat that lets you kill all enemies in the area? IN BG1 and BG2, it was CTRL-Y which killed all enemies in the area. (had to use it ine time in BG1 and one time in BG2)

Isn't there a cheat at all which lets you heal Shepard instantly? And do the game still pause when you hit the spacebar?

Also, this Oldman: What class are you? A soldier or a (bio)engineer?

Oldman, does the Reaper you meet alone as Shepard have the sign of a miniboss or boss? (welcome to the boss level as the main enemy in Wreck it Ralph says) If it is/does, it seems to that Bioware are up to their old tricks again. And by that I mean this:

In BG1, BG2, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age: Origins, and DA2 as well BIoware made (makes) boss battles ridiculously challening, even more challenging that they need to be. (Hello, Rock Beast in DA2).

Oldman, to ghet back to your question, I found this: http://www.nightsolo.net/games/masseffect3/hints.html

Do you have the 1.5 version of the game? If you do be warned:
Quote:
In version 1.5, the console no longer exists, and this whole section is useless.
This could explain why your Shepard keep dying ? as God mode in version 1.5 simply doesn't exist.

Why Bioware would do this, I don't know? But maybe their telemetry (digital feedback to Bioware) has shown that people used to cheat much more than they, Bioware, would like.

Anyway, to enable God mode, type "God" Without the quotationsmark); you can all kill a target using the "Kill Target" command. The "KillEnimies" commmand kills all enemies in the current map.

Another you could do is to ask for help at the Bioware ME forums:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index

I'll try and see if I can't dig up something helpful here as well.

I really think you should write a personal handwritten letter to Bioware's offices in Edmonton, Canada, explaining the how and why of your troubles with the quest. And that the quest where Shepard is to solely kill a Reaper has you nearly abandoing their otherwise fine game.

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901334
07/15/13 01:19 PM
07/15/13 01:19 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Searching for Reaper on Rannocnk, I found this:
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/54158/how-do-i-beat-the-reaper-on-rannoch

Apparently, you can get some help from the fleet:

Quote:
Shepard has a targeting laser which will call in an orbital strike with the combined might of the Quarian Migrant Fleet, but there's two major problems standing between the commander and victory.

The answers seem to be this (excerpt)
Quote:

Yes, aiming is much faster when not walking. It also helps to understand how the reaper aims. Once the reaper starts shooting the beam will not change direction anymore. So if you keep on walking to the right all time, it will hit you, but if you walk to the left and just after the reaper beam is visible to the right again, the beam will totally miss you. For the slow-motion sequence you absolutely have to hit the red dot of the eye. Strangely it worked here only after I made a sidewards roll.

And this:

Quote:
This was a very frustrating battle. The trick about the targeting laser is that it doesn't actually require you to complete the targeting lock in a single fire. You can completely let go of the trigger and run to the side, then re-aim, making increments of progress each time. The other thing I noticed, which was non-obvious to me the first several times I died in the final slow motion sequence, was that the targeting seemed to work much more quickly if your aim was as close as possible to the center of the red eye (not just "Am I in the blue target circle?"). I haven't replayed to confirm with Science™ that this is indeed true, but on my successful completion I made sure to aim dead center and it was all over very quickly.

Also, the # 9 answer from http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/54158/how-do-i-beat-the-reaper-on-rannoch
should prove usefull, I think smile

edit:
Another good piece of advice comes from answer # 2: "Strafe" which means run around in circles and make sure not to be hit by the Reaper's eye-ehm-shot?

Last edited by Karsten; 07/15/13 01:21 PM. Reason: more content

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901345
07/15/13 02:02 PM
07/15/13 02:02 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thank you Karston, I have read all the tips on this battle and just can't do it. I don't have the patience to just keep dying over and over until I can finally get it done. I did manage to get through two of the three strikes that are necessary but when I die I have to start over and the two I completed are no longer valid.

Anyway I have given up on this battle. The reason God mode doesn't work is because it is the same as the falling off a cliff scenario and god mode doesn't work.

I've long since decided that as I originally suggested a save game is my only option even though I would have to accept someone else's Shepard. I even tried the save game editor but that has no option to complete missions.

Thanks for doing so much research for me though.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901559
07/16/13 11:06 AM
07/16/13 11:06 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Karsten wave

Oldman, so sorry you hit this wall. <sad>

-Roger Caras
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901846
07/17/13 06:09 PM
07/17/13 06:09 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Oh Boy, this is a complicated and frustrating fight but in easy mode is very doable. I have several saved games but I don't know if your program would take them, maybe changing the name with the editor would do the trick. For the moment I'll try to find the youtube that gave me the idea how to avoid being killed, I was just jumping the wrong way. It doesn't need very quick fingers rather jump at the right moment in the right direction.

The important thing is for you to keep alive and go slowly in killing the reaper. HERE there is somebody taking it very very slowly, you don't need to be THAT careful but you can. This is not the video that helped me but it may help you understand the mechanism for killing him.

Let me know if you are still stuck after this, I have been very busy and not come as often as normal in GameBoomers but you can send me an email, that I always read, and if at that moment I cannot send you a save I will let you know when.

Last edited by mcc; 07/17/13 06:21 PM.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901850
07/17/13 06:41 PM
07/17/13 06:41 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Mcc...that's very nice.

Oldman that sounds like just what you were looking for

-Roger Caras
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901875
07/17/13 08:02 PM
07/17/13 08:02 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
And HERE there is a very good explanation on how to beat the reaper.

The first time I played that part I didn't understand how to deal with it.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: mcc] #901884
07/17/13 09:15 PM
07/17/13 09:15 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

At this point I am so frustrated over this battle that if I try one more time I might lose it. scared crazy smashpc

A little over reaction I know but it's just a lot of too many hints coming from too many directions that are giving me a massive headache. (again some overreaction.)

Anyway, again since you offered I will be sending you an email with so much gratitude for the offer. thanks

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Thoughts on Mass Effect 3 [Re: oldman] #901893
07/17/13 10:04 PM
07/17/13 10:04 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
luck

-Roger Caras
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 264 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users