GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#901565 - 07/16/13 11:45 AM Re: Regarding Webroot [Re: Laurette]
Grashock Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Colorado, USA
Hello,

I'm an Escalation Engineer for Webroot, and wanted to reply to the post.

There are 3 components to the software, an Executable, a DLL, and a Driver. It sounds like in this case, an uninstall was performed, but it didn't complete properly. Likely because one of the components was in use, or a damaged database.

By disabling the WRSA.exe file using MSCONFIG you really aren't disabling the software completely. The kernel driver is still running and can prohibit software from running properly on the system. I'd recommend visiting the support site and submitting a ticket so that one of our techs can uninstall the software properly. This will prevent any further issues.

Regarding the '3' trojan's found when running super anti spyware, the Webroot software scans intelligently, that is to say it scans for active threats running on the system. It will scan all executable code and the links associated with that code (dll's, drivers, etc.) and if an item is found it will quarantine those threats.

Contrast this with a 'full' system scan performed by super anti spyware, where it scans every single file on your system including those files that cannot by their very nature contain threats. In this case it's likely that dormant and non-functioning files may be found. Without more information on the actual threats that were uncovered I couldn't say if this was the case or not.

Our software does not contain any definition files and as of this writing is only 725KB. Our determinations are made in the cloud, leaving more space on your drives for games to be installed smile

We also offer free remote malware removal if an item is uncovered or isn't able to be removed using normal remediation. (Something that is rarely found with free solutions.)

I'd be happy to answer any further questions that the members of this forum may have regarding our software and it's functionality.

Thanks,
L.

#901566 - 07/16/13 11:51 AM Re: Regarding Webroot [Re: Laurette]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Grashock and thank you very much for your assistance and info.

Ana wave

#901575 - 07/16/13 01:13 PM Re: Regarding Webroot [Re: Laurette]
Draclvr Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
Thank you for all the great information, Grashock! Everything I read about Webroot indicates it is very highly rated.

#901593 - 07/16/13 03:16 PM Re: Regarding Webroot [Re: Laurette]
Grashock Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Colorado, USA
Happy to be some help!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (LadyLinda, unowen, kjos, Kayc, curly), 69 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes
8539 Registered Users