GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Back to Witcher #901481
07/16/13 03:43 AM
07/16/13 03:43 AM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Hi all,

Well I have given up on ME3 and am now replaying Witcher and am wondering if it's me or the newer Director's cut version.

I've played this game several times and am now replaying it having just downloaded the enhanced, directors cut edition. I'm playing on medium level and have played this level in the past. I'm now in Chapter 2 and when I enter into combat Geralt swings a lot but doesn't connect a lot. I just hear a swishing sound. I am familiar with the combat system and know that I have to wait for the sword to turn yellow etc. It's just that he is not hitting the targets for some reason, but just swinging and missing. This didn't happen in Chapter 1 and just started recently.

I'm using a lot of Ard signs to stun my opponents in order to hit them with my sword and am using the correct sword, (silver for monsters and steel for humans). Anyway this is the first time this has happened to me and I'm wondering why.

Any thoughts?

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Back to Witcher [Re: oldman] #901558
07/16/13 11:05 AM
07/16/13 11:05 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Oldman, are you standing close enough? I haven't been able to play for a couple of weeks and don't think I've quite made it to Chapter 2.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Back to Witcher [Re: oldman] #901581
07/16/13 01:29 PM
07/16/13 01:29 PM
Sweden
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer
Drizzt  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
That sounds very weird, a bug probably. Have you contacted CDPR about it?

I hope you are not discouraged to try the enhanced edition because of this, in my opinion it is far superior to the regular one.

Last edited by Drizzt; 07/16/13 01:29 PM.

Are they dead? Yes. Unlike you they have but one life...and they wasted it for your sake!
Re: Back to Witcher [Re: Drizzt] #901599
07/16/13 03:48 PM
07/16/13 03:48 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I've played the enhanced edition many times and have not had any problems. This particular go around it is the Directors cut and I don't know if that is the problem.

I'm confused because this has never happened before. This is a different computer though. I sent my DXDiag file to CDPR with this question (thanks for the suggestion) and will wait and see what the answer is.

Geralt does eventually hit the opponents it's just that he does a lot of swinging in mid air which, as I said, has never happened to me before.

Before anyone suggests it I do change combat styles to see if there is any difference and it doesn't seem to matter. It seems to work better when facing several opponents but when I use the X or Z keys is when it is most problematic.

EDIT:

Well folks it worked itself out. The game is now responding as it should and I did nothing to correct it. I just kept playing and it now seems to work. I think the game was not registering my change from the different combat modes before. Anyway problem solved. Nice to have a solved problem for a change.

Last edited by oldman; 07/16/13 08:06 PM.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Back to Witcher [Re: oldman] #901654
07/16/13 10:30 PM
07/16/13 10:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
bravo Oldman, I'm so glad it is working correctly now wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kaki's Sister), 301 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users