GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#902636 - 07/21/13 09:52 AM Re: Steam [Re: Jenny100]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Jenny100 smile

Although such a thing no doubt exists, I've never seen "Internet connection" listed in the advertised requirements of any game I would be interested in buying.

And as for DRM stuff.
Yes, I do now have several (disk versions) games that require using an "activation code" before being allowed to play.
But I only need to use the code on installation.
I don't have to log-in to a particular site every time I just want to play further - as I do with Steam rolleyes

Unfortunately, as we are all aware, none of the DRM stuff brought out to date appears to be preventing piracy. But it certainly can upset genuine customers like me !! mad

However, I've no wish to start yet another thread on THAT subject so I'll shut up now !!!! lol

#902850 - 07/22/13 09:35 AM Re: Steam [Re: Mary]
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
Many new games (from nearly every publisher and developer) require activation over the internet, in the (now) old days we used a cd-code. Today, many publishers require the use of Steam for activation purposes. EA has their own online system (Origin) for activation of games.

The old game I knew of where you needed to be connected to the internet all the time was Bioshock 2, and boy, did this game hit the bargain very quickly. (Ok, maybe Settlers 7 as well).

#904194 - 07/28/13 12:42 AM Re: Steam [Re: Mary]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi, fellow Boomers.
I recently purchased "The Raven" pre-order download from AMAZON. In their description of the game, they added "Online Code Needed". Since I didn't know what that meant, I e-mailed Amazon Support with my question and they promptly replied explaining that it was a "Steam" game that would be downloaded FROM Steam when the game would be ready to be accessed. Since I am a Steam "member", I had no problem with that. They also told me that I could cancel my order if I chose to do that. So on July 23, I did download this game by receiving a CODE KEY from Amazon and followed their instructions on how to download through STEAM. I followed their clear instructions, and now I own another Steam game.
BTW, Also included in the instructions was a step by step description about activating a NEW Steam account for non-Steam members.
Sandy
Oh yes, the reason I didn't buy the game from Steam directly was because I had an Amazon Gift Certificate that I could use.

#904242 - 07/28/13 10:26 AM Re: Steam [Re: Mary]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Thanks for the info Sandy. That is great to know.

Ana wave

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Marian, Rushes, Pandora, Lex, Sassy, Iurii, seagul, BrownEyedTigre, Terri824), 90 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users