GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions. #902346
07/19/13 03:24 PM
07/19/13 03:24 PM
Pennsylvania
Dreamer1990 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Dreamer1990  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania
Hello, all!

I know I have been gone quite some time, but I finally graduated college so I am able to catch up. smile

I recently have played all of the Nancy Drew games that I have missed, but now that I'm playing the "waiting game" for the next one, I was wondering if y'all could recommend either some similar games or other mystery/adventure games?

Other than Nancy Drew, my favorites have been:

Syberia series
Longest Journey Series
The Awakening/Otherworld series by Boomzap
Various adventure games for the PS3 and the Zelda series for the Wii.

Although I enjoyed the Boomzap series, I'm not generally into hidden object as much as point-and-clicks or free movement games.

Oh, and if it's free movement I don't mind first or third, but point-and-clicks I tend to like first person better--but if your game suggestions happen to be third person I'll certainly take a look.

I am happy to be back and hope to catch up with the forums! thumbsup

Last edited by Dreamer1990; 07/19/13 03:27 PM.

~*Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures*~
Re: Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions. [Re: Dreamer1990] #902362
07/19/13 04:43 PM
07/19/13 04:43 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi Dreamer,

If you enjoy mystery/adventures, then for games released over the past year I'd recommend either Carol Reed: Cold Case Summer or Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Both play in first person. (Testament has the option of first or third.)

For slightly older games that you might not be familiar with, Lost Horizon is an absolute cracker (it plays in third person only).

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions. [Re: Dreamer1990] #902574
07/21/13 02:40 AM
07/21/13 02:40 AM
Wales
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Wales
I thoroughly endorse that ref. Lost Horizon.
I love the Nancy Drew games and prefer to play in first person but Lost Horizon is a real point and click classic in my opinion.
In fact it's the best third person game I've played. Full of excitement and adventure. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dorish, BrownEyedTigre, ergggo), 268 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users