GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#903307 - 07/23/13 11:20 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: hamer]
traveler Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
metamorphium: "Would you consider Syberia 3 as part of those 2 episodes? I can't even imagine where the game would pick up."

I can't imagine either.
Kate is stuck out there in the middle of nowhere, no way to get back and really no reason to go forward unless she likes living with mastodons.
Maybe what's-his-name wasn't really massacred by penguins and will chase her over the Pole and down to Papua New Guinea (where cannibals worship an automaton that looks exactly like Oscar) to get revenge for being left on that ice floe.
You think?
Actually, it seems I can imagine. I wonder if they need a writer. grin

Gil.

#903334 - 07/24/13 07:03 AM Re: Episode type games [Re: hamer]
metamorphium Offline
Settled Boomer

Gil, thank you for forcing me to wipe my morning coffee from my monitor. Next time I need to be more careful reading your posts. rotfl

And yes. That's exactly the thing. Syberia 2 had a perfect conclusion to the story.

Edited by metamorphium (07/24/13 07:04 AM)

www.cbe-software.com

Created Vampires!, Crazy Vampires, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

#903383 - 07/24/13 10:30 AM Re: Episode type games [Re: metamorphium]
Addicted Boomer

Well, it's rather an interesting dilemma for a game creator to be in.

On the one hand, you'll be bleary eyed but rich! (comparatively) if you can come up with something to satisfy the ravening bunch who will pay good money for more.

On the other, you're in danger of never wanting to hear your heroine mentioned again because you're ready to strike out in a new direction and everyone keeps pulling you back to rehash what you've already done.

Sigh. I'm sorry about your monitor. I hope the local equivalent of Starbuck's didn't eat all the way through it. sad

Gil.

#903461 - 07/24/13 02:33 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: metamorphium]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: metamorphium
Would you consider Syberia 3 as part of those 2 episodes? I can't even imagine where the game would pick up.

Well I'd hope they'd start somewhere close to where Syberia 2 left off, and not do what Runaway 3 did -- essentially skipping over the cliffhanger they left at the end of Runaway 2. That stunk.

#903594 - 07/25/13 05:54 AM Re: Episode type games [Re: hamer]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
I miss the old days when you could walk into a store and pick and choose from dozens of Adventure Games sitting in colorful boxes on a shelf. Buying it right then and there and taking it home to play was an adventure in itself.
I don't like steaming and streaming and downloading games! frown

#903659 - 07/25/13 11:39 AM Re: Episode type games [Re: Kaki's Sister]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
"Well I'd hope they'd start somewhere close to where Syberia 2 left off, and not do what Runaway 3 did -- essentially skipping over the cliffhanger they left at the end of Runaway 2. That stunk."

That certainly goes for me, too !!!! yes

#903682 - 07/25/13 01:07 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: metamorphium]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Originally Posted By: metamorphium

Would you consider Syberia 3 as part of those 2 episodes? I can't even imagine where the game would pick up.

A 3rd game to me would be a sequel & separate from the first 2 games as together those, each with complete stories, fulfilled the 'quest for a dream'!

A 3rd game, in my mind, would have to focus more on Kate Walker & on having given up her regular life what she does next? Also perhaps Hans on finding what he wanted may like to stay or now move on?

I think it's going to take some very imaginative & talented story-telling to pick-up from where Syberia 2 ended but looking forward to where it goes!

#903691 - 07/25/13 01:56 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: hamer]
Addicted Boomer

chrissie: "A 3rd game, in my mind, would have to focus more on Kate Walker.... Also perhaps Hans on finding what he wanted may like to stay or now move on?"

Honestly, Hans wasn't very likeable.
Sokal built Oscar up as very human but
Click to reveal..
Hans set up Oscar to be sacrificed for his own ends without a thought.

I can't really see following Hans any further.
Come to think of it, Kate wasn't exactly guilt-free there either.

It would be more interesting if Sokal pursued the question of what is human?
Can an automaton (in his world) be said to possess, for want of a better word, a soul?

I'm sure Isaac Asimov has already answered that but he didn't live in Syberia. grin

Gil.

#903713 - 07/25/13 03:22 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: traveler]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
I personally saw Hans as a person that
Click to reveal..
was obviously autistic & therefore couldn't help the way he was
Oscar, as loveable as he was, was just an automation - did he have a soul or have a conscious that was built into him?

#903718 - 07/25/13 03:34 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: chrissie]
Addicted Boomer

Yet, to me, Oscar was much more 'human' than Hans, the idiot savant, whether Hans could help being that way or not.
I know I wasn't all that concerned when Hans was sick - except, of course, that he had to get better for the game to continue - but I was shocked at what happened to Oscar.
Different people, different reactions, I guess.

Gil.

#903765 - 07/25/13 09:27 PM Re: Episode type games [Re: hamer]
sanford Online   content
Settled Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi fellow Boomers,
I find that the best thing about playing an "Episodic"
game is that when you finish one episode, you look forward to playing the next chapter. One case in point is the COGNITION" series. Another is the TSL series. At least this is my (not so humble) opinion. Happy Gaming!
Sandy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Terri824, macmac, granny, traveler, sanford, jimrh69, Marian, BrownEyedTigre, looney4labs), 59 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users