The install process for this was a little different, but I had no problems with it. I used the free discount code Chief sent me to get the game at VivaMedia and didn't have to provide any billing info, so didn't need to give them a credit card # or access PayPal. I just registered with them.
The download file is 3.10 GB. I have a slow internet service, and it took me about 12 hours to download. VivaMedia does not have a game download manager--at least not one I saw, so it was just a regular download, a WinRAR self-extracting .exe file. Windows was "suspicious" of this download because it was not a typical download file for me. But I just clicked off the warning and scanned the download file with my antivirus to be sure. No problem.
After double-clicking the downloaded .exe file, the program extracts the install files to a temporary folder, then begins the install. After this, before I started the game, I had to use my serial key provided by VivaMedia to activate the game. That was quick, and went off without a hitch. The game is now running fine on Windows 7.
Thanks again for the game! I'm going to enjoy it, I know.