GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#903936 - 07/26/13 06:47 PM Anti-virus program keeps dumping Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
cassadaga Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Cassadaga, FL
If I forget to disable my anti-virus program before I click on the game icon, it deletes the whole game file. I'm using Windows XP and Panda Cloud antivirus program.
I contacted Viva Media and they said it's a safe game and to just keep the anti-virus program off. (Easy for them to say)
Is there a way around this? I'm not tech wise but the file is a coz:exe.
This is a nice game and I'd love to play it through but right now I'm back to downloading it all over again.

#903952 - 07/26/13 08:18 PM Re: Anti-virus program keeps dumping Lost Chronicles of Zerzura [Re: cassadaga]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
It sounds like Panda Cloud is detecting a false positive with Zerzura. I am not familiar with this antivirus, but if you don't want to have to disable your antivirus every time you start up the game, there's probably a way to put the game on the antivirus's exclusion list so that you can just start up the game every time without problem. Someone else familiar with this antivirus would have to help explain to you how to do this, though. wave

#903957 - 07/26/13 09:11 PM Re: Anti-virus program keeps dumping Lost Chronicles of Zerzura [Re: cassadaga]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I don't know if this pertains to your version of Panda
http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Panda-Cloud-Antivirus-Features-Behavioral-Protection-8.jpg/

but if it is, it says it has an Exclusions tab in the Advanced settings. You'd add your game executable there.

#904041 - 07/27/13 09:49 AM Re: Anti-virus program keeps dumping Lost Chronicles of Zerzura [Re: cassadaga]
cassadaga Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Cassadaga, FL
Thanks Marian and Jenny100. I'm so happy that there's a way to fix this problem. It's also good to know for future game problems from reputable sites like VivaMedia. It's also new knowledge for me. Thank you.

#904050 - 07/27/13 09:59 AM Re: Anti-virus program keeps dumping Lost Chronicles of Zerzura [Re: cassadaga]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Let us know if it works. If it doesn't, you might ask VivaMedia if there are other files that might need to be added to Panda's "exclusion" list.

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (scampy, michele rose, kjos, Midge), 85 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Newest Members
shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour
8419 Registered Users