GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#905033 - 07/31/13 11:07 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: dottie236]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Hi, Jenny,

Since I've been talking to dottie about this, I thought I'd chime in on the mouse.
I use a Logitech wireless mouse and it's never caused me any trouble with a game...or anything else, for that matter.
Of course, there are mice and mice but if she has a Logitech wireless, I doubt that's the problem.

Do some AV programs really scan a game while it's being played? How odd!

Gil.

#905098 - 08/01/13 09:27 AM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: traveler]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: traveler
Do some AV programs really scan a game while it's being played?

Yes, they'll often scan everything that's going on on your computer -- unless you make an "exception" for the game exe -- and sometimes they'll still scan. Most modern antivirus don't just go by virus signatures. They analyze the behavior of programs running on your computer, and if something looks "virus-like," it gets blocked. This scanning can also slow things down, which is noticeable on some computers more than others.

#905167 - 08/01/13 04:44 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: Jenny100]
Starcom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ottawa
2 things 1) As Jenny100 stated, AVs scan in background, check your AV, most of them have a Gaming Feature where you add a checkmark and when you are playing a full screen game the AV will not scan or update while playing the game, it will only pop up if there is trouble. I have Kaspersky Security and it is called "Gaming Profile" in the settings.

2)Some games give me the same problems you are having and in the Compatibility tab I add a Checkmark in the box "Disable display scaling on High DPI settings" and works like a charm for me.

Good luck in finding a solution.

#905176 - 08/01/13 05:18 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: dottie236]
dottie236 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Mouse seems to work fine otherwise. The game doesn't respond or responds slow and jerky. The games does start and the music plays well. It seems to sort of "half plays" if that makes sense.

#905177 - 08/01/13 05:25 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: dottie236]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

dottie,

Have you tried disabling display scaling in the compatibility tab you find when you right click the desktop icon and bring up Properties?
I'd go further and disable desktop composition and visual themes as well.
And I'd run as administrator.
Whack it with everything.

Have you tried going off-line and stopping your antivirus program to play the game?

Gil.

#905178 - 08/01/13 05:35 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: dottie236]
dottie236 Offline
Settled Boomer

Did what Starcom suggested with the antivirus as well as diabiling desktop and visual. Will try to whack it as you say. Seems it's running at about 50%.

#905185 - 08/01/13 05:52 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: dottie236]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

This is totally weird.
ATOK is not some high powered, first person shooter!
Try disabling your AV instead of making an exception for the game in it.
Have you tried contacting Crystal Shard about this?
Here's the link to their main page Perhaps you could ask about it in the Forum for ATOK.

Gil.

#905196 - 08/01/13 06:19 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: traveler]
Starcom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ottawa
I agree with traveler, this is not a high powered game and....
After following traveler's and others suggestions, did you try "Rebooting/restarting" your machine? Sometimes this clears away all the hanging stuff in the background and gives your machine extra energy.
Also, when was the last time you checked for Video, Sound card Driver updates? Plus any other necessary driver updates.

#905206 - 08/01/13 06:33 PM Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms [Re: dottie236]
dottie236 Offline
Settled Boomer

It's all been done. Tried posting on the site Traveler suggested but then couldn't find where it was posted. Their site isn't as good as Gameboomers.Maybe I'll try Crystal Shard directly. I think I've run out of options. I do appreciate all the help though!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (InlandAZ, flutist, Cue, Marian, BobH, Mad, luv2travel, looney4labs, rmt, curly), 79 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl, Shelley1966
8417 Registered Users