GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#908055 - 08/15/13 11:33 PM Wifi Router
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Southern Exposure
I have just purchased an inexpensive 7" tablet. I thought my in home modem had wifi but it seems it does not. I am not in search for the most powerful, less expensive router one can buy and so far I have seen everything from a cheap $24.99 to $300.00 and I am confused as to which would be best. I know with all the wealth of knowledge here some one can advise me. I only want to be able to go to the net w/o going on my desk top and of course read in bed. I don't need all the bells and whistle some use the tablet, just the basics.
Currently playing Companions Of Xanth

#908057 - 08/15/13 11:40 PM Re: Wifi Router [Re: lexxy]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
If the only thing you'll be using it with is the Tablet, I'd recommend something like this
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mpbs/dp/B007PTCFFW/

#908281 - 08/16/13 10:15 PM Re: Wifi Router [Re: lexxy]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks so much for the link, that is what I was looking and of course the price is right.

#908330 - 08/17/13 09:51 AM Re: Wifi Router [Re: lexxy]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I hope it works out for you. It doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a wireless router when you bought an inexpensive tablet. This one is very small and designed for travel -- such as when you're in a hotel room that only has ethernet and you need a wireless connection for your tablet or laptop. It works well with an iPad when you're in the same room as the router.

#908339 - 08/17/13 10:45 AM Re: Wifi Router [Re: lexxy]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I went to Newegg and got it for $17.99 and while I was over there I picked up a cover for my tablet for only $4.99 and shipping is FREE.

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Kaki's Sister, CountZero, joanie39, 1 invisible), 76 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users