GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#906130 - 08/06/13 10:42 AM Keepsake
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: ottawa canada
hello, i am following Wichen's walkthrough of this game. i am at the Wine Cave trying to find Mustavio's wine crates for the second time. i made it to the wavy looking floor and can't get Lydia to exclaim that 'these must be the crates'. it would seem this is essential in getting Minotaur Maze Figurines. i am not sure if i am in the right place. can you help? robert.

#906134 - 08/06/13 11:14 AM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Watch this video wt at around 2:24. It might help.

Be sure that you have been asked by Mustavio and also seen the Minotaur maze puzzle first. luck

#906136 - 08/06/13 11:51 AM Re: Keepsake [Re: MaG]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Mag, i think you have the wrong video. i have already found Mustavio's crates. i have to find them again for the 2nd time after Lydia crossed the vine bridge. robert.

#906138 - 08/06/13 12:07 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Hi robert,

To receive the maze figurines you need to find Mustavio's wine barrels -- which I believe are different to the crates, and in a different place.

The barrels can be found in a secret cellar behind this magical lock:

Do you recall seeing it anywhere? smile

Here's a (long) description from Gimli's walkthrough on how to find it, which might help if Witchen's isn't helping:

Click to reveal..
Go back to the academy entrance hall, up the right staircase to the top, turn right and immediately after the bookcase on the left turn the corner and go down the stairs, go left, cross the room and afterwards the bridge, cross the study room (in the open) to the right and this time, out of curiosity, you don’t go down (at least for the time being) but up the stairs on the right wall. Enter the dining room and to the right the kitchen area. Examine the rooms! Take from a table the last pages of the notebook. Read it and learn about the tree leaves that are necessary for the transformation potion. In the kitchen itself note the floating fireball (you can brew the potion here if you have everything that’s needed!), and in the pantry the elevator. Get in and you will find yourself in the wine cellar were you’ll find, on the same floor a bit to the right, the wine barrels of Mustavio. Go down the stairs and to the left again and down another few stairs and open the door to the elevator machine room. Pull the lever on the left and look how a lift is coming down. Go out of the room and note the cauldron in the left corner. Would be perfect to brew the potion to transform Zak into a dragon, but it is too heavy for you to lift. Left of the cauldron is an archway, but it’s walled up. Why that? Could that be a secret door? Nothing further to do here so let’s control that walled up door. That must lead to the cellar behind.

Go up the stairs and back with the elevator to the kitchen and up the next stairs to the dining room. Cross the room and leave through the door you came in. Go down the stairs and immediately left and left again to the garden. At the bottom of the stairs go right and along the paved path to the cellar rooms. Go down three flights of stairs and then go forward until you find in the wall a blue crystal and written on the wall three letters. That’s a magical lock. Open it!

#908434 - 08/17/13 09:13 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: Rushes]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi Rushes, i've asked you this before. how the heck do i get my figurines out of Mustavio? i followed Gimli's w/t, saw his wine barrels, finally made a fern bridge, crossed it, but Mustavio STILL won't give me my figurines. it's like pulling teeth! i've done all i can do. can you help? robert.

#908435 - 08/17/13 10:15 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Did you talk to Mustavio and tell him that you had found the wine barrels and also the crates? There is a video here that shows you this section of the game. wave

#910246 - 08/26/13 08:14 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Marian, what does the blue downward arrow mean? it sometimes prevents me saving and quitting and what should i do, if anything, aside from retrying? robert.

#910256 - 08/26/13 08:58 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Robert, I'm not sure. I have the game but have not played it. However, I took a look at the game manual and there is an explanation for what the downward arrow does, which reads as follows. This is the only downward arrow that the manual mentions that I could find.

Quote:
This is not a cursor but a handy tool that indicates exactly where Lydia is standing on the screen. This pointer is displayed over Lydia's head when you click on the right mouse button.

If this is the downward arrow you mean, I'm not sure why it would prevent you from saving and quitting. Maybe someone else will be able to explain this. smile

#911938 - 09/04/13 06:33 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Marian, with the diadem, how can i read the map on the caretaker's wall? i am following Gimli's w/t. robert.

#911942 - 09/04/13 07:14 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Robert, now that you have the diadem, I believe that this item allows you to translate strange writings that you find around the Academy. I'm not sure if having the diadem in your inventory means that writings you come across are automatically translated for you, or if it means that you have to pick up the diadem in inventory and use it on something you wish to translate. Maybe someone else will be able to clarify this for you. Have you tried using the diadem directly on the map?

#912276 - 09/06/13 01:45 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

yes, i have used the diadem directly on the map but i cannot get it to work on the map. robert.

#912283 - 09/06/13 02:37 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

I looked at a couple of walkthroughs for this part of the game and it kind of sounds like you ought to automatically be able to read the map once you have the diadem, so obviously there is something I'm not understanding. Let's wait for someone familiar with this game who can help clarify this for you. wave

#912554 - 09/08/13 01:57 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Marian, i am following Gimli's w/t. after solving the teleporter activate puzzle, when it says 'note', should i click on the magnify glass for that particular item OR should i not? i am stuck and i have been clicking. robert.

#912557 - 09/08/13 02:13 PM Re: Keepsake [Re: robert gray]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Hi Robert, if the walkthrough is telling you to "note" something and you have been clicking on it and nothing happens, then I believe that you are just supposed to make note of the item and where it is, and nothing more than that for now.

It sounds like you are making good progress in the game. wave

#912675 - 09/09/13 09:37 AM Re: Keepsake [Re: Marian]
robert gray Offline
Addicted Boomer

thanks Marian. still following Gimli's w/t, in the section, go to the bridge between the north tower and library, the owl will steal your diadem and whooosh ... where do i go? Gimli is not clear! robert.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (ArthurR91, curly, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users