GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#909281 - 08/22/13 06:08 AM Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter!
DennisVSG Offline
Junior Boomer

Game Logo

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1375982935/elementary-my-dear-holmes

Hi everyone! I'm here to talk to you about our upcoming game and current Kickstarter project: Elementary, My Dear Holmes. It's a point and click adventure game starring legendary sidekick John Watson on an epic quest to prove that Sherlock Holmes is just a jerk.

Elementary, My Dear Holmes is a point-and-click adventure game, like the awesome ones we played as kids by companies like LucasArts and Double Fine. Like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango, we’re making a game where you once again suffer from the terrible infinite pockets affliction, and are forced to store everything from a whisky bottle to a weird painting about intelligent peaches for further bizarre combining use. Solve puzzles that we’ve done our best to not be incomprehensible to anyone who isn’t a game developer! Obviously, using that gnome plus a watermelon on the revolving door will create an interdimensional portal! Obviously.

Feel free to drop by our Kickstarter, or fire off questions at us here! One of our dev team will be monitoring the thread, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

You Tube Video

Edited by MaG (08/22/13 10:00 AM)

#909301 - 08/22/13 08:29 AM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

welcome Dennis!

luck on your project.

#909320 - 08/22/13 10:29 AM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
welcome Dennis!

Ana wave

#909326 - 08/22/13 11:17 AM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thank you for letting us know, Dennis! smile

#909368 - 08/22/13 01:25 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I'm not sure about a Sherlock Holmes solving cases without intellect, but I pledged $25. We shall see...

#909413 - 08/22/13 05:08 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: rmt]
DennisVSG Offline
Junior Boomer

Thanks guys for the warm welcome =)

Originally Posted By: rmt
I'm not sure about a Sherlock Holmes solving cases without intellect, but I pledged $25. We shall see...

I can see your point, we want to have Watson step into the light and not be dragged behind the curtains when Sherlock is taking all the credit, what do you think about giving Watson a change?

Thank you very much for supporting our project and we will make sure we will deliver.

#909415 - 08/22/13 05:11 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

I think it would be an interesting twist.

Ana wave

#909455 - 08/22/13 08:35 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I think Watson being given a greater role and more intelligence is fine, he was never stupid to begin with, he was like any of us. But I do warn about turning Sherlock Holmes into Inspector Gadget with his dog being the intelligent force behind it all. I fear only children might enjoy it.

The whole interest of Sherlock is his superior intelligence, encyclopedic knowledge of all past crimes, and deductive powers. Without that, why use Sherlock Holmes for the basis of the adventure?

However, I can see you have some sort of vision, and certainly we must let you realise it without too much influence from the backers.

The idea of crowd-funding is exactly that, to have all the freedom in the world to truly achieve one's own vision without a publisher behind destroying such vision. It may be a good idea after all, no way to know yet until it is finished. That is why I pledged and said we shall see...

Good luck!

#909513 - 08/23/13 04:08 AM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
DennisVSG Offline
Junior Boomer

We look at crowd-funding as also crowd-publishing. If we've got an idea that goes against the majority of what our backers want, well, then it's time to rethink the idea.

We've got an idea, don't worry. We're not just using Sherlock and Watson for the sake of their names, there's a whole mythology we've been working on to setup for the game.

We're going for zany action game crazyness, but not kids crazyness. There are very different, as I wouldn't call the Lucasarts games really for children. There's a complexity of humor there we're trying to work with.

Thanks a ton for the input! We really appreciate it, and keep it coming. As we begin to release more on the story, we'll be happy to hear what our backers say.

#910205 - 08/26/13 02:51 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
DennisVSG Offline
Junior Boomer

We at Victory Square Games are very excited to announce that we have just reached our base $50,000 Kickstarter funding goal on our point-and-click title, Elementary, My Dear Holmes!

New Video and Concept Art!

To celebrate, we've released a new video update, as well as a bunch of concept art to share with our backers and the community. The concept art and the video is live on the main Kickstarter page at http://kck.st/19tFgrV. The video is also available at http://youtu.be/bOff7gh6Y40

A Linux Version!

In addition, we're proud to announce that the Linux version has been moved from a $75,000 stretch goal to a $50,000 base goal. Which means that the Linux version will be shipping in September 2014!

Free Game Consoles!

And that's not all. Victory Square Games is also hosting a Console Giveaway! Anyone who donated $15 or more to the campaign is now in the running to win one of four consoles - an Ouya, a Wii U, a PS4 and an Xbox 1. Also, anyone who donates between now and September 05 is also eligible to win.

It's a really exciting time for us at Victory Square Games, and we are proud and happy to share our little success story. Please feel free to write back if you would like any further information on any of the updates.

Best,
Sam

#910220 - 08/26/13 04:11 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

yay Congrats Sam! THat was fast. yay

#910440 - 08/27/13 11:27 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Sounds like this movie. It was really funny and I suggest you see it if you haven't already

Without a Clue

I am looking forward to the game...Thanx

#910564 - 08/28/13 03:17 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
mj2c Online   shocked
Settled Boomer

#910568 - 08/28/13 03:53 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Interesting, mj2c. think

#910580 - 08/28/13 04:48 PM Re: Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter! [Re: DennisVSG]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

I won't throw stones without the facts so I will watch and see what becomes of this.

Thanks for the headsup.

Ana wave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (curly, LadyLinda, mj2c), 53 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision
8566 Registered Users