GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#918804 - 10/14/13 08:53 PM Re: Gone Home now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I just finished the game, in about three hours. Although there are rooms I have not inspected like I should have, so I must play again, and I reckon it will be about another two hours.

So yes, you can play it in one hour, if you check almost nothing and reach the attic and pick up the last journal, or you can get lost checking everything for at least 5 hours before you do that. There are interesting secret passages.

Being able to go outside around the house in the rain is the missing part of this game that would truly have made it complete. A shed to explore would have been nice. I like the sound of rain on the roof.

The story is interesting, but the end is shocking. They are vague enough however that you can't be sure exactly what it means. You can decide to believe that it is not as shocking as I imagine it to be.

It is a game worth playing if you have a few hours to kill and if you can get the game at a good price. Indie at heart, but better quality than what we used to have 15 years ago. No big puzzle things, just exploration to discover more of the story of your sister, dad and dead uncle, with a touch of paranormal.

And be ready to use the arrows or wasd to move around, and using the mouse to turn and look everywhere. And don't forget the control key to check under everything, I suspect I missed many journals hiding in some dark corners.

I played it on my Mac using the easy option, I'm not sure if the harder options will make the game that different. I'll try that next time I play.

#918805 - 10/14/13 09:02 PM Re: Gone Home now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
THanks rmt!

Ana wave

#933142 - 01/02/14 02:18 AM Re: Gone Home now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

This game is on sale here for 6.80......
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/gonehome_storefront

#933197 - 01/02/14 10:26 AM Re: Gone Home now Available [Re: CountZero]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thanks for letting us know, CountZero. wave12

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
15 registered (Marian, granny, Haroula, Draclvr, curly, BrownEyedTigre, connie, fildil, GuybrushThreepwood, lor), 88 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users