GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#909401 - 08/22/13 04:15 PM Games not Translated
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
I came across a forum where they are discussing games that have not yet been translated to English...There are a lot of them and some look fantastic...You would think they would translate them to increase sales. Are there other that you can think of? And maybe a note to the developers to see if there is a chance to get them translated??
Non translated games

#909404 - 08/22/13 04:33 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
If they thought the localization would be beneficial they would spend the money on it, but adventure game sales are much higher in German and Russian communities than the English speaking countries. It's unfortunate.

Ana wave

#909406 - 08/22/13 04:42 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

I can appreciate that however the more languages it is translated to the more sales...for the cost of translating an already developed game I would imagine sales would far outweigh the cost to translate...It would only be profitable for them no matter what

#909408 - 08/22/13 04:47 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Heemskerk, NL
Very unfortunate. I think I'm one of the few Dutchmen with a sub-par understanding of German so I can't follow most of the written or spoken text. Can't understand a word of Russian unfortunately.

#909623 - 08/23/13 04:26 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
Monokuma Offline
Junior Boomer

Unfortunately the adventure game fan translation scene is almost non-existent. Nobody seems to care about European non-English adventures.

The "Petka & Vasily Ivanovich" series numbers 9 games, the "Mortadelo & Filemon" series numbers 8 games, and they all look brilliant!
I checked adventure-archiv.com too, and there are way too many non-English adventures to look them all out. Like that guy said they must be literally hundreds!

I really envy the visual novel fan-translation scene. VNs are a lot more niche than adventures, with only a couple of English releases annually, but there so many people out there translating their favorite games, that it's mind blowing!

#909649 - 08/23/13 07:01 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

does it have to be the developer do the English patch? Or is there a 3rd party company that can do them? If there is no such thing, that would be a heck of an idea for a business. A win/win the game would sell more etc etc

#909662 - 08/23/13 08:11 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Heemskerk, NL
Would love to see a translation of the Mortadelo & Filemon games. Love the comic version.

#909739 - 08/24/13 10:50 AM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
ergggo Offline
Settled Boomer

I like the idea of a third party doing the translation, if that's the only way an English version could be released. I would be happy with English subtitles, which would seem to be much cheaper than recording new English voice-overs. Fans could create the subtitle files and the developer could sub them in. Yoomurjak's ring was released in Hungarian only with an option for English subtitles, yet it's one of my favorite games and the native language only added to the atmosphere of the game.

It wouldn't be much different than watching a movie with subtitles. The translator would have to come up with creative ways to include in the subtitles translations of non-English items that appear in the graphics, though.

#909780 - 08/24/13 12:47 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Well it could be done with a couple of talented people that can change their voices to different accents etc...A company like GOG could expand what they do already and add this to their already amazing portfolio then adventure games from all over the world could be appreciated by us and other languages....It could be a huge business I would venture to say

#909804 - 08/24/13 02:22 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I do SO agree, ergggo and hamer yes

#909814 - 08/24/13 02:37 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Ok who wants to help me start this business? Mag? lol

#909824 - 08/24/13 03:03 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
rotfl rotfl

#909866 - 08/24/13 07:11 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Hamer,

Send on the plan of action and schematics and we can go from there. wink

#909881 - 08/24/13 09:06 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: hamer]
flotsam Offline
Staff Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Could you start with Clay Dreams please? There needs to be more English claymation.

#909886 - 08/24/13 09:51 PM Re: Games not Translated [Re: flotsam]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Flotsam...If you could pick an easier game...lets say something like Manchurian with no real voice stuff, I could have that for you by the end of the day...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (Sherlock, CanukDenis, samuel, medusachick, Koala, Chief, Midge, Sassy, 2 invisible), 62 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
medusachick, GlitzyGal72, Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose
8513 Registered Users