GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#913839 - 09/15/13 12:10 PM Kickstart Ventures - Adventure Game Revival Movement (AGRM)
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
You should check out Kickstart Ventures formed by the most ardent fans and commenters on adventure games on Kickstarter and Indiegogo:

http://www.kickstartadventure.com

They inform us of all adventure games on these two websites. I just discovered these two adventures and pledged, but they will fail. I wondered if I should pledge but if everyone thought like that, no one would pledge for sure:

Deeply embedded in H.P. Lovecraft's mythology, U55 – END OF THE LINE is an innovative horror game set in modern-day Berlin

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/u55/u55-end-of-the-line

Shades of Sanity - Psychological Horror Game like Sanitarium

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409430337/shades-of-sanity-psychological-horror-game

#913845 - 09/15/13 12:38 PM Re: Kickstart Ventures - Adventure Game Revival Movement (AGRM) [Re: rmt]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I am a fan of KIckstart Ventures on FaceBook so I have been following them for awhile.

I did not mention U55 here because it is an action adventure by there own admission: " U55 – END OF THE LINE is a single-player, first-person action-adventure game inspired by classic horror games such as Amnesia, Dead Space and Silent Hill."

I announced Shades of Sanity here.

Ana wave

#913848 - 09/15/13 01:56 PM Re: Kickstart Ventures - Adventure Game Revival Movement (AGRM) [Re: rmt]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
Could they have deleted the word action? I can't find it on the whole U55 Kickstarter page. At any rate we are only armed with a smartphone, no guns, and it looks good.

This "first person adventure" term they have started to use is interesting, I think it means full 3D, not iso or simulated 2D whilst in 3D? Or something like that. I think if it had been successful I would have given U55 a try, without feeling I was going to the dark side.

For Shades of Sanity, Ana, you're right, I even remember now reading your entry at the time.

#913856 - 09/15/13 03:34 PM Re: Kickstart Ventures - Adventure Game Revival Movement (AGRM) [Re: rmt]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
rmt, I got it from the first description on their webpage here.

And on the Greenlight section Here it is also listed as an action adventure.

Ana wave

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Chief, OrleansBelle, scampy, Volkana, GBC, 2 invisible), 63 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
scarend, JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik
8522 Registered Users