GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Skyrim -- they got me again [Re: gremlin] #914153
09/17/13 05:27 PM
09/17/13 05:27 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lost in the Arizona Desert
Originally Posted By: gremlin

However, I found out about a new fan-built DLC called Falskaar that's available from skyrim.nexusmods.com (if you like to use mods, you really should get an account there - the basic account is free - the mods there can be larger than the Steam Workshop ones because there's no file-size limit on nexusmods).

The Falskaar mod fits in so smoothly into the normal pattern of quest and dialogues that I didn't realise I'd triggered the start of it until I arrived in Falskaar - it's a new territory, not directly connected to Skyrim. It has it's own quest lines, but seems to use the existing resources of the game. The biggest difference I've seen so far is that there is actually more spoken content than in Skyrim.

So far so good.

Wow, thanks for this info Gremlin. This mod is as good, if not better than a DLC that we have to pay for. It is so involved and works smoothly. This 19 year old really spent a lot of time and effort on this thing and it shows.

I'm am impressed with the whole mod and strongly recommend it to any Skyrim players out there.

I've been absorbed in Falskaar for several days now and all I can say is to repeat myself. Wow!

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Skyrim -- they got me again [Re: Annie] #914460
09/19/13 05:21 PM
09/19/13 05:21 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
So I decided to give Skyrim another go because I haven't touched any of the expansions.

I started over with a new character since I finished the main story with my old character, plus the game was basically on easy mode at my level.

Playing a Breton this time and trying out being a mage, as I never usually go for magic in these games.

I thought I'd be bored maybe, but the game has already sucked me back in.

Two things stand out for me, how fun the game is and how glitchy it can be. I figured by this time they'd have most of that sorted out, but not so much.

I was getting sudden framerate drops out of the blue when everything was running smooth for like half an hour. I finally remembered to just turn AA off which was the culprit.

Also, Lydia just vanished into thin air and can't be found. Only way to fix this was to reload a past save.

I tried to get married and I find that is still a bit glitchy to get the ceremony to start. So I went outside of Riften to the stables to wait until the next day, at which point I was immediately jumped by bandits.

I took them out and apparently they were sent to "rough me up" because I had been stealing from the mage's guild. It's funny they weren't supposed to kill me, but teach me a lesson, but I killed them.

I for one admit to stealing plenty, but was never caught, so that makes it all the more interesting.

I ended up missing the marriage ceremony because of the fight and "broke her heart" so I guess that was my lesson for stealing.

Re: Skyrim -- they got me again [Re: Templeton Peck] #914465
09/19/13 07:23 PM
09/19/13 07:23 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hahaha !! So one romance definitely called off then !! wink

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Skyrim -- they got me again [Re: Templeton Peck] #915211
09/23/13 03:52 PM
09/23/13 03:52 PM
Isle of Man
gremlin Offline
Addicted Boomer
gremlin  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Isle of Man
Originally Posted By: Templeton Peck
I ended up missing the marriage ceremony because of the fight and "broke her heart" so I guess that was my lesson for stealing.

Given your nickname, that outcome was quite predictable laugh

Re: Skyrim -- they got me again [Re: gremlin] #915429
09/24/13 09:23 PM
09/24/13 09:23 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: gremlin
Originally Posted By: Templeton Peck

Given your nickname, that outcome was quite predictable laugh

lol

Well to quote him "I lie, I cheat, I steal and I just don't get any respect".

I think I live in the worst neighbourhood in Skyrim though. Shor's Stone is a terrible place to live.

There's a dragon living up on the summit of the mountain above the village.

There's a fort full of bandits just down the road.

The mine is full of spiders.

Vampire's attacked the town.

The watch tower up the road for the village is filled with the dead bodies of the four guards and who knows what happened there.

The town has been attacked by a dragon on five different occasions so far.

The corpse of the black smith and a guard lie in front of my house (dragon victims).

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, Lex), 251 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users