GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#916841 - 10/03/13 07:33 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Let us know luck

#916884 - 10/04/13 03:06 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
I found a good sight for skill talent builds, its even up to date with The Dread War changes. I went searching because a couple of my characters got al their skill points refunded because the update change some of the skills. Other characters can be reset at the fleet, for subscribers no charge.

They site is assuming level 55 so I'll have to work out for myself what order to choose the talents on lower level characters.

#916946 - 10/04/13 11:43 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Guybrush. It's always good to have a starting point. I hope you find a build you like. wave

#916974 - 10/04/13 01:41 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Turns out my sith inquisitor has been using a build similar to one on that page, except I like the skill that lets whirlwind hold more than one target.

It will be some time before I get to Dread War. I only have one level 55 character right now and he's still doing Rise of the Hutt Cartel (chapter 4). And I haven't played him for several months now.

Jedi Knight has two planets to go to complete chapter 3.

#917231 - 10/05/13 09:33 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Now, that was interesting....my jedi knight just had a visit from imperial agent's companion Kaliyo. She and jedi knight companion "Doc" are old acquaintances. Never seen one anything like that before.

#917255 - 10/06/13 04:21 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Nashebo has completed Jedi Knight chapter 3, "Galactic Annihilation".

Afterwards, Kira has a short quest for him, followed by a couple of chats. Now she is sending gifts.

Switching side again, back to Empire, sith warrior has last two plants for chapter 3.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (10/06/13 01:22 PM)

#917311 - 10/06/13 12:02 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Guybrush, do you have more fun with one side?

#917367 - 10/06/13 08:00 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Its always more fun to play the bad guys, however, after playing Sith Empire characters, I'm not so sure the Republic is good and the Sith Empire is evil. Like any real life governments, they're a mixture of both. Neither is really morally superior to the other. One of the planets you visit in the game is the Republic's secret prison planet. The Sith don't have such a place. And one of the quests involves you having to decide what to do about the decedents of criminals, who are themselves innocent of any crime but are prisoners because they were born in a prison. The Republic makes no effort to free them.

I have a coworker who doesn't like the Star Wars films. He says the characters were supposed to think are the good guys are actually terrorists. I can see his point. They're rebels fighting the lawful government. And really the Jedi are guilty of genocide against the Sith race which exists in the game but is extinct by the time of the films. Not satsified with exterminating the Sith race the haunted down the "dark side" users who named themselves after the original Sith.

I think both the Jedi and the Sith have it wrong. Saying there is a light side and dark side to the Force is like saying there is a good side and a bad side to electricity. There are good and bad uses for electricity but electricity itself is neutral.

Revan who had been both a Jedi and a Sith, had it right. A force, like an earthquake or a tornado, is morally neutral. so the Force can't be light or dark. Its the use you put it to, that is moral or immoral, not the power itself.
k
Oh and BTW I think Darth Vader aka Anakin Skywalker brought balance to the Force when he killed off most of the Jedi, so there were two Jedi and two Sith. Both sides were now equal. But at the end of the original trilogy when he kills the Emperor and dies himself, the Force is now ubalanced again because its 1 Jedi and 0 Sith.

Course I never bought the idea the George Lucas was some kind of genius. He stole most of the plot for the original film from Japanese movies. And he didn't know what was coming next. Which is why Luke and Han are both trying to romance Leia in one film and then Leia and Luke are siblings in another. It also explains the whole "Han shot first" debate. Lucas changed his mind about Han's character so he changed the scene to make him shoot in self defense not commit a cold blooded murder. Oh and in the original trilogy Leia knew here mother but the prequels have the mother dead just after the twins were born, so she couldn't have. Oops.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (10/06/13 08:10 PM)

#917558 - 10/07/13 04:27 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

rotfl

#917666 - 10/08/13 05:46 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Sylvari has completed Sith Warrior Chapter 3: The Emperor's Wrath, gaining the title "Darth". End if class story boss for warrior was easier to beat than inquisitor.. Of course being light side Sylvari didn't kill him just banished him from the Empire.

Jedi Consular is the only class I haven't finished. It will be awhile, Qazari, has 4 planets to go.

Except for the trooper all my characters still have companions to get to max affection and complete their stories.

Then there's HK51 and the new Treek in addition to the normal five companions, who have achievements for 1000 kills and affection, twice. You need to max both Republic and Empire versions of these extra companions. I don't have Treek yet, she cost 1 million credits.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (10/08/13 04:50 PM)

#917730 - 10/08/13 01:32 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you luck wave

#917755 - 10/08/13 04:55 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Yes. Josra needs to finish chapter 4. None of my other characters have even started it. Then he has a corrupt corporation to take out and the Dread Masters to deal with. I don't know when/if the Gree will come back.

None of my other characters are level 55 yet, a couple are 54 though.

Bunch of regular companions to max out. One imp and one pub also have HK51. I haven't decided who's going to get Treek yet.

Somehow I have to get back into Guild Wars 2 as well, I still haven't killed that dragon yet.

Oh and then there's Cognition chapter 4.....

Edit: I'm not into PVP (Player vs Player) but for those who are next month there will a new in space ship PVP.

Jedi Knight spoiler:
Click to reveal..
The Jedi Knight ends its story by killing the Sith Emperor, but see below.

Sith Warrior spoiler:
Click to reveal..
After completing chapter 3 as a Sith Warrior you will receive an email from the Emperor's Hand (one of several sith who work directly under the Emperor without having to go through the Dark Council) informing you, as you are the Emperor's Wrath (the Emperor's special enforcer), that the Jedi tried to kill the Emperor but actually only killed the Emperor's Voice, a sith possessed by the mind of the Emperor. The actual Emperor escaped.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (10/08/13 05:10 PM)

#917815 - 10/09/13 06:25 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Qazari has completed jedi consular Chapter 2: The Rift Alliance, gaining a new companion in the process. New guy is annoying most of his chats dont' have any option that gains affection. Fortunately I had a bunch of gift other companions didn't like. Twice, so far, he's actually mentioned other charcters companions, Mako who's companion to bounty hunter and Jorgan who's companion to trooper.

One of the jedi's companions actually has a visit from one of imperial agent's companions.

#917885 - 10/09/13 12:23 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Guybrush, sounds like you have a lot of fun gaming on the agenda wave

#917918 - 10/09/13 02:14 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

I've actually got a stack of adventure type games.

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Ankh: Battle of the Gods
Broken Sword: The Angel of Death
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Dead Mountaineer's Hotel
A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie
Gray Matter
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Lost Horizon
Puzzle Bots
Jolly Rover
Silver Lining 2: Two Households
Black Mirror III
Kaptain Brawe
Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Mystery
Silver Lining 3: My only Love Sprung From My Only Hate
Gemini Rue
Goin' Downtown
Hector: Episode 1 - We Negotiate with Terrorists
Hector: Episode 2 - Senseless Acts of Justice
Tiny Bang Story
City of Secrete
Knights in Shining Armor
Alpha Polaris
Hector: Episode 3 - Beyond Reasonable Doom
Blackwell Deception
Eko Episode 1: Strange New World
The Next Big Thing
Silver Lining 4: Tis In My Memory Locked, And You Yourself Shall Keep The Key Of It
Stacking
The Shine of a Star
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Amber's Blood: A Carol Reed Mystery
Botanicula
The Journey Down chapter 1
Cold Case Summer: A Carol Reed Mystery
Cognition 4

Some of those are on disc, some I downloaded and some are paid for but I need to download yet from GOG or Steam. That's not including several kickstarters I supported besides Cognition, which aren't out yet.

I've actually started the last Ankh and last Cognition.

Plus I've got several casual games from Big Fish with a few free game codes to use yet.

I just don't have enough time.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (10/09/13 02:15 PM)

Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Lex, Haroula, Draclvr, PolloDiablo, DotEmu, Marian, albet, InlandAZ, CanukDenis, 1 invisible), 98 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
DotEmu, JoyBunBun, Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12
8544 Registered Users