GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#918092 - 10/10/13 04:10 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

According to Tim Curry's web site he is doing well and has completed some recent voice over work. I wasn't aware that he has so many song albums. Did know he was a singer and thought that his singing in Rocky Horror Picture Show was a one time thing. Interesting site,

http://www.timcurry.co.uk/

#918094 - 10/10/13 04:19 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
The website was last updated September 2012. The info is old.

Ana wave

#918100 - 10/10/13 04:40 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
The FAQ suggests that some of the original voice actors are now too expensive.

The voodoo shop owner is busy running NCIS. And Mosely has a Star Wars film to appear in.

I have no idea what Dr. John aka Worf is doing.

#918134 - 10/10/13 08:17 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
well I'm sure that the voice acting will be just as polished and professional as all Jane's games.

Although I'm excited and pleased to see this remake and can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it, I was kind of hoping that the Mystery Game X was going to be GK4. Oh well.........

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#918142 - 10/10/13 09:07 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: GreyFuss]
traveler Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Did know (Tim Curry) was a singer and thought that his singing in Rocky Horror Picture Show was a one time thing.

I loved him in Rocky Horror Picture Show!
He was so over the top.
A lot of people complain about that very thing in GK1, saying his Southern accent is just too much and not real.
Well, he did a good job but I'm Southern and I have news, I know people who sound a lot more "not real" than that. grin
After all, the South was settled by the Brits (English, Irish and Scots) so it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch for him.

Gil.

#918158 - 10/10/13 11:14 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
Millions were thrown into Sierra's games at the time. I doubt they would have the same kind of budget these days to hire a string of great actors from Star Trek and Star Wars.

However this does not have to be a disadvantage, now they will probably go for great unknown voice actors, and we know Jane is good at finding them.

I think Dean Erickson had a good voice when he was acting in GK2, but I feel they need something closer to Curry as in GK1 and GK3. Erickson's voice is radically different and I'm not sure it would go well for a GK1 remake. But I would not say no, he is Gabriel Knight too.

Of course, if they really could get Tim Curry, and Activision is behind this so hopefully there is some money in the budget, I think they should. They must have known we would all be asking for it.

#918212 - 10/11/13 09:21 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: traveler]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I feel the very fact that Tim Curry did play it "way over the top" contributed considerably to the success of the game when it was released AND helps it remains so popular today yes yes yes

So it will be most interesting to hear whose voice gets chosen for the re-make grin

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (ThomasDagon, connie, curly, scampy, Barb, Kootsie, kjos, The Haze, Gnabgib, maryjo), 70 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour
8419 Registered Users