GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#917808 - 10/09/13 03:53 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Online   happy
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Fantastic news Ana! Thanks!

#917817 - 10/09/13 06:31 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: Kaki's Sister]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Without the voice of Tim Curry, it will be like a "different" game for me and not a "re-vamp" but I am still very much looking forward to it rah

#917877 - 10/09/13 11:46 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
gruffy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Plymouth, Devon,UK
i look foward to it!

#917879 - 10/09/13 11:54 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: gruffy]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
This is great news - a must-play for me. thumbsup

#917915 - 10/09/13 02:05 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
marie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Indiana
A must have for me, Thanks, Ana for the good news. dance

#917962 - 10/09/13 07:59 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: Mad]
oldman Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
Originally Posted By: Mad
Without the voice of Tim Curry, it will be like a "different" game for me and not a "re-vamp" but I am still very much looking forward to it rah

Time Curry had a stroke. As much as we'd like time to stand still somehow it doesn't and some of our favorites are no longer available to entertain us.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#917976 - 10/09/13 11:30 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: oldman]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Well, maybe taking the voices from a game is different from taking them from an ancient record, I don't know.
But I'm listening right now to the Sextet from Lucia di Lammermoor with Enrico Caruso and Amelita Galli-Curci.
It was recorded sometime around 1920 and was remastered.
You can tell from the orchestra that it's old but the voices are beautiful.

Just saying.

Gil.

#917991 - 10/10/13 04:48 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Online   happy
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
I love to see old games come back renewed. I never got to play the Gabriel Knight series so I am really looking forward to it.

I think remaking more of the old games and just up grading the graphics would be fantastic! Games like the Myst series and the first few Tomb Raider games would be wonderful to replay with updated graphics while keeping the rest of the game environment and story in tact.
Congrats and Good Luck Jane Jensen! I'm looking forward to playing!

#918025 - 10/10/13 08:38 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: Kaki's Sister]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Yes, I was very sorry to hear that Tim Curry had suffered a stroke, oldman. It was reported on our UK news at the time frown

#918039 - 10/10/13 09:59 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Tim Curry is still working -- he has completed several projects since the stroke in July 2012. smile He's very much alive and well.

#918045 - 10/10/13 10:08 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
What about using the voice of Dean Erickson, who was Gabriel in GK2? The character sketch for Gabriel for the remake certainly resembles him. From his webpage at
http://deanerickson.com/
it looks like he's not in acting any more. But who knows, he might enjoy reprising his role as Gabriel.

It sounds like Tim Curry is recovering, but maybe not enough to do the voice acting yet. I hope he makes a full recovery. I'd assumed he was too much in demand to do Gabriel, though that may not be the reason.

Edit -- That's good news, Rushes.

#918053 - 10/10/13 11:16 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: Rushes]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Originally Posted By: Rushes
Tim Curry is still working -- he has completed several projects since the stroke in July 2012. smile He's very much alive and well.

Very pleased to hear that, Rushes, thanks happydance

#918055 - 10/10/13 11:38 AM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
aretha Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: near London Gatwick Airport
Can I get past the zombies in the remake please

#918066 - 10/10/13 12:31 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer

When will GK be available for purchase?? loved him!
Laurie

#918067 - 10/10/13 12:39 PM Re: The Shadow Hunter Returns: Gabriel Knight Adventure Game Revamped by Original Creator Jane Jensen [Re: Laurie]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Laurie, they are saying that they hope to see the release of this game somewhere around the middle of next year. wave

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (kjos, petert, Cathy1, 3dobermans, monbron, oldman), 70 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy
8521 Registered Users