GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#920142 - 10/22/13 08:18 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Where are all our Myst fans? lol I thought this thread was going to be jumping!

Ana wave

#920152 - 10/22/13 08:52 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Ana,
I was flying high when I found out about this new game. Myst was my first computer game and to this day it is still my favorite; I still listen to the music. But when I was reading about this new game, I found a little bit in an article about Obduction that included "...There will certainly be many differences - with some skews into some sequences that have action. smile But the essential experience will be same as Myst & Riven - where you explore, you don't die (easily), and you don't kill things (much)."

I've made my pledge; I'm hoping that they do, indeed, hold true to the original MYST "feeling" because action and I don't do well together.

#920154 - 10/22/13 09:19 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

I love the environments even though I couldn't wrap by brain around the puzzles. lol Uru had action and jumping. I remember being stuck for days. rotfl

#920167 - 10/22/13 10:08 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldbroad Online   sad
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I started playing Uru two months ago but put it aside. I don't care for the jumping or the movement. It makes me dizzy. I hate to leave a game unfinished but my heart is not into going back to it. Same with American McGee's Alice which I was so excited that I was finally playing after having the game for 10 years.

We'll see. Maybe I'll feel like punishing myself and go back to them.

The thought of Uru is what's making me leery about Obduction. I have it set up to remind me later and I'm keeping my eye on it.

#920838 - 10/27/13 08:58 AM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Here is their latest gameplay update:

Quote:
Gameplay:
Obduction’s gameplay is best described by playing Myst or Riven. If you haven’t played those games then you’ll need to know a few things. You end up in this new world without a huge cinematic or cut scene that gives you lots of information. We’re not trying to motivate you artificially by making you into someone else. This is you in this place - you have to act and react like you are really here. That will mean you have to scope out your surroundings - move around, look around, turn over a few stones, push a few buttons. Yes, there’ll be buttons… and levers, and cranks, and valves, and pumps, and more. As you explore there will be some places that are locked, or blocked, or walled, or crusted over, or more.
So your play will involve finding out how to get past those “challenges” by learning what they are, and how they work. Sometimes the puzzles can be really simple - like just turning on a light. And other times the puzzles are insidiously tough - like learning how a huge boiler works so you can open it up, climb inside, and crawl through the drain (like in Riven.) But it’s important to us that the puzzles are part of the landscape and culture, so that it doesn’t seem like there’s just a random vault with a random match in it. (Yeah, some of Myst had a bit of arbitrary-ness, but try Riven or Myst Online/Uru and you’ll see how our design evolved and just what we’re talking about.)
---

#921778 - 10/31/13 09:20 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
adv Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: USA
This project will only be funded if at least $1,100,000 is pledged by Saturday Nov 16, 9:06am EST.

$690,889 pledged of $1,100,000 goal
15 days to go
(edit) $1 minimum pledge
12,099 Backers

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

Edited by adv (10/31/13 11:19 PM)

#921793 - 10/31/13 10:23 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

No pressure here to pledge.

Ana wave

#921800 - 10/31/13 11:12 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
adv Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: USA
oops, I didn't mean to suggest pressure.

I just copied the info, from the kickstarter.
( It said... "Back This Project $1 minimum pledge")
I edited my earlier post.

Good luck to Cyan.
This could be a very good game.

One of their team members
has been working on the upcoming game "The Witness".

#923658 - 11/10/13 10:38 AM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I'm starting to wonder if they will make it. They need another $200,000 within 5 days. But I suppose with 15,260 backers, the last minute rush might accomplish miracles.

Even then, assuming there is no planned special event and no new backers to expect, every backer would need to pay $13 more to get that $200,000. It won't be easy. I guess they can always have a second campaign in a few weeks or months if it fails.

#923659 - 11/10/13 10:46 AM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
I've been watching the numbers, too, rmt. There's usually a bump up near the end, but this is quite a "bump" they need.

#923660 - 11/10/13 10:50 AM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I've got a feeling the backers will make it happen. So close to the goal, I doubt they would let it fail.

#923972 - 11/11/13 06:25 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mystdee Offline
Junior Boomer

Less than 5 days left to pledge on this They still need some help. anyone who can increase or do an add-on it would help so much!

Edited by Mystdee (11/11/13 06:25 PM)

#923975 - 11/11/13 06:34 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

No pressure to pledge here....

#924275 - 11/13/13 11:37 AM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Less than $20,000 to go and almost 3 more days to do it. Looks like a reality. Yay!

#924304 - 11/13/13 02:44 PM Re: Announcing Obduction brought to you by Cyan - The Creators of Myst [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Never had a doubt! They made it. grin

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (flotsam, auntiegram, oldbroad, Gimme, Pandora, Robert Gault, traveler, Koala, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users