GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Hump Day #920129
10/22/13 06:58 PM
10/22/13 06:58 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A macho man married a beautiful young thing. On their honeymoon, he laid down the rules. "Now here's the way it's gonna be: I'll go hunting or fishing or card-playing or drinking with my buddies anytime I want to, with no hassle from you. And I'll come home anytime I want to, with no hassle from you. And I'll expect dinner to be on the table whenever I get here, with no hassle from you. Those are my rules. Do you understand?"

His new bride smiled sweetly and said, "Of course, dear. That's fine. But I have one little rule of my own: I'm gonna have sex here every night at seven o'clock-whether you're here or not!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A middle-aged woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. While on the operating table she had a near-death experience. Seeing God, she asked if this was it. God said, "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months, and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a facelift, liposuction, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, etc. She even had someone come in and change her hair color. Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as well make the most of it. She got out of the hospital after the last operation, and while crossing the street was killed by an ambulance speeding to the hospital. Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 40 years?"

God replied, "I didn't recognize you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A family took their frail, elderly mother to a nursing home and left her, hoping she would be well cared for. The next morning, the nurses bathed her, fed her a tasty breakfast, and set her in a chair at a window overlooking a lovely flower garden. She seemed okay, but after a while she slowly started to tilt sideways in her chair. Two attentive nurses immediately rushed up to catch her and straighten her up.

Again she seemed okay, but after a while she slowly started to tilt over to her other side. The nurses rushed back and once more brought her back upright. This went on all morning. Later, the family arrived to see how the old woman was adjusting to her new home.

"So Ma, how is it here? Are they treating you all right?"

"It's pretty nice," she replied. "Except they won't let me pass gas."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jones came into the office an hour late for the third time in one week and found the boss waiting for him. "What's the story this time, Jones?" he asked sarcastically. "Let's hear a good excuse for a change."

Jones sighed, "Everything went wrong this morning, Boss. The wife decided to drive me to the station. She got ready in ten minutes, but then the drawbridge got stuck. Rather than let you down, I swam across the river -- look, my suit's still damp -- ran out to the airport, got a ride on Mr. Thompson's helicopter, landed on top of Radio City Music Hall, and was carried here piggyback by one of the Rockettes."

"You'll have to do better than that, Jones," said the boss, obviously disappointed.

"No woman can get ready in ten minutes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man went to the doctor's. The doctor came in and said, "Well, I've got some good news and some bad news."

The bad news is that you have an inoperable brain tumor. The good news is our hospital has just been certified to do brain transplants and there has been an accident right out front and a young couple was killed and you can have which ever brain you like.

The man's brain is $100,000.00 and the woman's brain is $30,000.00. The patient could not help but ask; "Why such a large difference between, the male and the female brain?"

The doctor replied, "The female brain is used."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A husband and wife were having dinner at a very fine restaurant when this absolutely stunning young woman comes over to their table, gives the husband a big kiss, tells him she'll see him later, and walks away.

His wife glares at him and says, "Who was that??!!"

"Oh," replies the husband, "that was my mistress."

The wife says, "That's it; I want a divorce."

"I understand," replies her husband, "but, remember, if you get a divorce, there will be no more shopping trips to Paris, no wintering in the Caribbean, no Lexus in the garage, and no more country club. But the decision is yours."

Just then the wife notices a mutual friend entering the restaurant with a gorgeous woman. "Who's that woman with Jim?" she asks.

"That's his mistress," replies her husband.

"Ours is prettier," says the wife.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. Cats' facial expressions

9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors

8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds

7. Fat clothes

6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time

5. The difference between beige, off-white, and eggshell

4. Cutting your bangs to make them grow

3. Eyelash curlers

2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made

AND, the Number One thing only women understand:

1. OTHER WOMEN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE PMS

Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet
The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says, "How's my driving - call 1-800-***-****."
Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
You're convinced there's a God and he's male.
You're counting down the days until menopause.
You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

I am extremely tired from two days of doing dirt work at our entry, in order to clean it up and make it look nicer. tired

There is a ton of work to do around this place before we can list it for sale. smirk

Now I have three 5:00 work days before my weekend off, and I HAVE to get to bed on time tonight, so I'm posting this early early. yes

I don't want ANYONE to read it until tomorrow morning you hear? shame

Having worked out at the entry all day I didn't get any chores done inside, except for two loads of laundry.

Maybe my sister will make herself useful for a change. rolleyes

I'm joking. blush

Have a happy day everyone. rah

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920144
10/22/13 08:22 PM
10/22/13 08:22 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Awww Joe, you are selling the house? Have you decided where you will go? hearts

Have a happy day everyone!

I have Insanity in the morning, a dog run before poor Shadow explodes since it's been two days and then the rest of the day in the corner.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Hump Day [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #920149
10/22/13 08:42 PM
10/22/13 08:42 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Have a great Wednesday Joe and Ana. thumbsup

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920153
10/22/13 08:56 PM
10/22/13 08:56 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
You too SpaceQ! hearts

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920188
10/23/13 01:38 AM
10/23/13 01:38 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Good morning Joe,Ana,SpaceQ and and all who follow. wave
Have all a nice day. smile happydance

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920203
10/23/13 04:44 AM
10/23/13 04:44 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe, Ana, SpaceQ, and Haroula. Joe if you move I hope it won't be far from where you hunt for arrowheads. Ana I'll bet you need that dog run as much as Shadow! SpaceQ and Haroula enjoy your day. Wishing everyone a Happy Wednesday! Cailyn coffee is on! fall

Gerry
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920216
10/23/13 06:43 AM
10/23/13 06:43 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. A trip to the bank and BJ's today. To all here and all who follow, have a Great Hump day. Danish, Pumpkin Waffles, and Sausage in the NC. fall

Connie
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920244
10/23/13 09:19 AM
10/23/13 09:19 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers

Joe, hope you find a wonderful place after the house is sold.

Ana, Anymore snow? Enjoy the dog run and I hope the corner time runs smoothly for you.

Space, good morning.

Haroula, enjoy the day!

Gerry, thanks for the coffee.

Sue, are you doing okay?

Connie, Danish sounds great! Have a nice day!

Quiet day here today. Family Night at church tonight. Hope everyone has a good day!

Gail
Re: Hump Day [Re: GBC] #920252
10/23/13 10:05 AM
10/23/13 10:05 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Sounds like a busy time for you! Hope you find some easy peasy time somewhere in your day today!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920255
10/23/13 10:50 AM
10/23/13 10:50 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Aw Joe sorry you have to sell the place and move, again. Do you have another place in mind? May work go well and the time fly till your weekend off!! Thanks for the chuckles.

Ana enjoy class and have a good run with the dogs! May the corner move right along and be kind. Have a lovely day! BTW: How is Merlins foot??

Space may you have a wonderful day!

Haroula have a lovely day!

Gerry thanks for the coffee. Best thing on a cool day like today!! Have a lovely day!

Connie have fun shoppity shopping!! Thanks for the danish and have a lovely day! I heard this morning that there is going to be a big dip in the jet stream so maybe some cool will came that way for you!

Gail enjoy the nice and quiet day! Have a wondedrful time at Family Night!!

Darlene may work fly and all go smoothly! Have a lovely day!

No plans till taxi time, that is if it is running today!

wave
Nan

Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920256
10/23/13 10:52 AM
10/23/13 10:52 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Good morning boomies! It was 28 this morning and the bed was inviting me to stay longer. lol

Haroula, have a great day! How are you all feeling?

Gerry, I do indeed some fresh air! We have no fall colors this year, how is by you?

Sue, hope all is well.

Connie, include a nice lunch out with hubby while running errands. grin

Gail, the snow melted as it fell but our xpressways were a disaster this morning from black ice. The entire newscast was just reporting one accident after another. Enjoy your day!

Darlene, happy hump day!

Nan, you posted as I was typing. lol Merlin's foot it still swollen between the toes but the swelling is half of what it was. He occasionally licks it but leaves it alone if I tell him to quit.
Stay warm and be careful if you go out tonight! I bet Florida is looking better every day. grin

Ana wave

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 10/23/13 10:55 AM. Reason: missed Nan

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920274
10/23/13 12:54 PM
10/23/13 12:54 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Wonderful Wednesday ya'll puppy

I was up earlyish (for me...means before 10) and have been doing a little of this, some of that, and lots of theother. My Keoki is a little needy this morning....I think he is taking advantage, the little stinker.

Today is vet day...Kman gets a check up and a laser treatment. I'm hoping they will let us wander-walk him for a few minutes each day, but 6 weeks is hovering in my mind and it's only been 4. Keoki is obviously bored and wants to move.

It's cool out there, but sunny. Couldn't ask for much better weather. wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920296
10/23/13 01:58 PM
10/23/13 01:58 PM
Oregon
Lotus777 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Lotus777  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
Hi Boomies!! Still morning here on the West Coast. Still foggy and drizzly and coldish. Nice fire in the stove alleviates that though. Are you still in the corner Ana? Hope you have a great visit with your Mum, Midgie. Awww Joe, sorry you have to sell your home. Hope everything works out well for you. Hi SpaceQ , Haroula, Gerry, Connie and Gail and Darlene, hope you are all having a good day respectively. Hey Nan, a kidnapping?? Glad you survived, wink. Hope Keoki gets a good report L4L. Happy Gaming everyone!!! wave

Lotus
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920299
10/23/13 02:25 PM
10/23/13 02:25 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Off to the vet. Back later wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Hump Day [Re: looney4labs] #920309
10/23/13 04:17 PM
10/23/13 04:17 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
luck looney puppy

I hope this last half of the week goes fast for everyone. yay

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920310
10/23/13 04:31 PM
10/23/13 04:31 PM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
sleep wave

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Hump Day [Re: Haroula] #920327
10/23/13 06:00 PM
10/23/13 06:00 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Hello B's & G's. wave

One day down. Two to go. bravo

I had a super day. Busy & brisk. woot

Now I've had my din din and my shower and got everything ready for tomorrow's day. happydance

Just gotta get tomorrow's diner going and see what kind of time I have left.

I really don't know what I'm going to do after we sell this place. It could be another year before we find a buyer, who knows? duh

I am considering moving either to Amarillo Texas, back close to my home town, or possibly to Oregon where my son lives. yes

Moving...tired...ugh

I wish everyone a nice evening. smile

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 10/23/13 06:01 PM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920333
10/23/13 06:35 PM
10/23/13 06:35 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Back from the vet. Bread rising on the stove.

Keoki's vet visit was great. His knee is doing great! We can start doing 1/4 mile walks at the park where it is flat. We will slowly increase the distance as tolerated by the Kman.

Then we will add in some hills by walking up and down our street for very short distances. The vet told us to expect about 8 mos to total heal if we are diligent.

No jumping onto things, but he can walk sedately up and down the stairs, and go wander around our back yard if the other dogs aren't out there. Will only do that though after dark so he doesn't go out and chase chipmunks.

So, step by step, we are getting there puppy

Joe, hugs to you!

-Roger Caras
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920342
10/23/13 07:27 PM
10/23/13 07:27 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
L4L, that is great news that Keoki is healing well. yay

Joe, I hope that whatever change you have to make that it will be one that is good for your soul. hearts

Haroula, Sweet dreams.

SpaceQ, only two more days to go!

Lotus, I will be in the corner for three more days. Then I will be off Sunday! yay
Keep warm!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920347
10/23/13 08:28 PM
10/23/13 08:28 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
L4L that's great news about Keoki. I hope he continues to improve.
I'm watching the Red Sox world series game one but it's delayed because of rain. GO SOX rah I was in the grocery store this afternoon and I got a call from my sister....the sister that has so much turmoil in her life. We haven't talked since just after Bill....her husband... died. She sounds very well. Clear headed and happy. I'm glad she's doing well. For those of you who don't know, she is an alcoholic and a drug addict that has almost destroyed herself. It was very hard to hear the details of what was going on in her life, but now she's in a facility for people like her. What she doesn't know is that she won't be able to stay there. The place she's living is called Golden Pond. I have looked it up on the webb. It's a beautiful place. She ruined her chances to stay there when she slit her wrists again about three weeks ago. The place she's at is trying to find another facility that she can live at. They can't keep her because they say they they can't keep her safe. It's just so sad. She had a beautiful condo but lost it. I guess she lost everything because of her addiction. Anyway she sounds very good right now. I hope it continues.

Back to watching the game.

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920362
10/23/13 09:56 PM
10/23/13 09:56 PM
Oregon
Lotus777 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Lotus777  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
Midgie, that is so sad about your sis. I hope she can keep it together. Hope the Sox do well!!! L4L, very happy to hear Keoki is progressing so nicely. How old is he anyway? If you don't mind...you've probably been asked that a few times.... Joe, go West Young Man!! Oregon is a great state with incredible diversity. At risk of being too nosy, what part does your son live in? Ana, you stay warm too. We have a great supply of firewood this year so should be okay. I must have it warm and toasty!! lolI am off to join hubby in front of that addictive screen . Two NCIS taped and ready to go. Good Night Boomers!! wave

Lotus
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #920372
10/24/13 12:21 AM
10/24/13 12:21 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
L4l that is good news about Keoki!!! Keep up the good work!

Ana glad you will have Sunday off. Hope the project moves right along and the puzzles go smoothly! Glad Merlins foot seems to be improving!!

Aw Midge Hugs to you and your sis! Adding her to my list and sending prayers for her. I see your Sox won game #1!!

Lotus yup! They nab me and we head for teh casino to play BINGO! I haven't been there in quite some time as I usually play at the Moose Lodge on Monday nights. I have relatives out there also but haven't been out that way in a long time.

Well time to find my pillow. Night all sleep well and pleasant dreams!!

Oh the taxi did not run tonight!!

sleep
Nan

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 314 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users