GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#924893 - 11/16/13 10:26 PM Botanica - what did you think?
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Casual games don't seem to get "Reviewed" at this site, so I'm wondering what people thought of this game? Is it better than Enlightenus? Better than Death Under Tuscan Skies?

#924896 - 11/16/13 10:48 PM Re: Botanica - what did you think? [Re: Reenie]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
That's why people post on the threads to say what they thought.

You can find comments on the game threads.

Do you mean this one?

We also have a favorites list and Botanica is on the list here.

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (11/16/13 10:49 PM)

#924899 - 11/17/13 01:15 AM Re: Botanica - what did you think? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Yes, thanks, I think that is the game. And thank you for the link to the comments. I did a "Search" on this forum, but I did not find much discussion of the game itself. As far as I could tell, most of the posts were related to judging and ranking the HOGs of the year. According to the ranking, Botanica fell pretty far down the list.

I wanted to be sure I wasn't getting into something like Botanicula, which kept hanging me up with arcade-style pinch points and made me uninstall what I thought was going to be a really fun game. I love a fierce puzzle, but abhor arcade stuff.

#924904 - 11/17/13 03:04 AM Re: Botanica - what did you think? [Re: Reenie]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
My recollection is that there was no arcade stuff in Botanica, just adventuring and inventory usage and puzzles. smile

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
18 registered (Draclvr, Cue, k28d13j11, fildil, Agustin Cordes, BobH, Chief, CanukDenis, J. King, Flo NS, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users