GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#927329 - 11/30/13 12:09 PM PS 4
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
Has anybody bought it yet? or the XBOX ONE?

I would like opinions of my fellow Boomers think

From The Matrix

#927338 - 11/30/13 12:55 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
luv2travel Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I've been trying to decide as well. I read an article that said if you're buying it just for game playing, get the PS4. If you want something that does more than game playing (plays music, movies and videos, chatting with other game players and friends, etc., etc. and takes voice commands) Get Xbox One. For me, since I don't want all those other things, but do want a great gaming experience, I'm liking PS4.
Andrea wave

#927346 - 11/30/13 01:19 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
Yankee Clipper Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lexington, Texas
Would it be a good idea to wait a bit and see if something is kinda wrong with them? But whatever, I will buy a PS4 and befor Feb 8......that's my goal. Believe me I'm dying to play Shadowfall. Budget permitting I'll get both however the connect thing with X box isn't appealing at all. Maybe it can be blanked out.

#927354 - 11/30/13 02:43 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
I'm not planning on buying either one, but if I were, I'd wait and let them shake some of the new release bugs out. Seems like new system always have problems for a bit after release. wave

#927389 - 11/30/13 07:42 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: looney4labs]
luv2travel Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
That's true, L4L.
Andrea wave

#927448 - 12/01/13 11:03 AM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

My plan is to ask Santa, I have PS3 and I am very happy with it, I only want it to play games, nothing else.

If for Christmas time it is not clear if they are working well I will accept an IOU from Santa and wait a little bit longer.

If anyone gets it before Christmas please post your experience here.

Quote:
however the connect thing with X box isn't appealing at all. Maybe it can be blanked out.

what is this connect thing?

From The Matrix

#927449 - 12/01/13 11:23 AM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Kinect is the camera and the body movement hardware/software for the Xbox.

At one point, Microsoft had talked about using it to be sure the person playing the game was the one who bought it, but they backed off that as well as their "you must connect via the net at least once every 24 hours" that they first announced. wave

#927450 - 12/01/13 11:34 AM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
Yankee Clipper Offline
Addicted Boomer

Some players believe it's also a spying devise........could be, but I would always have this on my mind while playing. Also it can monitor the number of players are using it at one time and somehow charge a fee (?)if too many.....is this really true. It's not their problem as to the number of players.

Also if only the purchaser can use a game what about trade ins and used game?

They want everything their way and I don't like that. Anyway that game Ryse and those Halo games look good too

Happy Santa mcc

#927460 - 12/01/13 12:03 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Yankee, Microsoft backed off of all those demands as players in droves defected to the PS. My Xbox son just bought his first PS because even though Microsoft backed off, he thought that their original plans were way too controlling.

You can play used games on the new Xbox and you can disable the camera, but I don't know the ease with which those things can be done. wave

#927471 - 12/01/13 02:11 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
gremlin Offline

Addicted Boomer

Loc: Isle of Man
The problem is that the reputational damage is done: Microsoft already have a reputation for wanting to say what you can do with your computer. The early announcements about the ubiquitous nature of the Xbox One, and it's capacity for 'spying' on you sounded so much like MS had gone completely over to the 'Dark Side' that I'll never buy an Xbox product, no matter how much they roll back on their statements because I now know that they are willing to consider such strategies, and there's no telling what a future software update could do to the behaviour of the system (now that we know what they consider it to be capable of!)

p.s. I heard the worst strap-line for an advert yesterday. Microsoft Windows: "the same experience on every device." I so don't want the same Microsoft experience on every computing device. Can you imagine how frustrating and lowest-common-denominator that would be?

#927485 - 12/01/13 03:27 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Gremlin, that is just exactly how my son feels. He's been Xbox all the way since the original, but no more. I can't think what Microsoft was thinking.

#927608 - 12/02/13 01:48 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

I had the thought of PS4 and it seems I will stick to it unless something is wrong with it, I would not be using Kinect.

And yes, Windows controls too much of my life already scared

From The Matrix

#928978 - 12/09/13 11:50 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
Karras Offline
Shy Boomer

PC for gaming here every time.

#929252 - 12/11/13 11:57 AM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
Yankee Clipper Offline
Addicted Boomer

Do all the new PC games require steam valve download? Why can't we just buy the game and play the darn thing. For example Space Marine game looks so good and it's sitting on my desk due to computer gymnastics required to play. And besides it should be our choice to join steam or not to. So There Steam. I hope you never slither your way into the consoles.

#929258 - 12/11/13 12:30 PM Re: PS 4 [Re: mcc]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Yankee, yes it is frustrating. I ended up getting Steam cos I wanted to play Skyrim.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (dorish, Space Quest Fan, LadyLinda, Iurii), 56 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users