GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
BFG no more good creepy eerie games? #927749
12/03/13 01:10 PM
12/03/13 01:10 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Looked everywhere on BFG and could not find a spot where members discuss, give opinions on BF games/gaming. Anyone know if there is such an area anymore?
They no longer have any really good creepy, spooky, eerie games. Like the MCF Ravenhurst series, or Redemption Cemetary series and many others they've carried for past several years. I was so afraid when the BFG brought out that awful piece of stuff-Shadow Lake-last Fall that it was signaling the End of good eerie/scary/spooky/creepy games from the site and looks like I was right-Unfortunately. The lastest MCF offering is certainly not truly scary, certainly not a nail biter. Not at all. pffuii.
And most of their other offerings in the past month or so have been nothing to really measure up to past games. What has happened? Have they just decided to not to carry those types of games anymore. Sure looks like it. Well, if so-my subscription will stop. And, also, while I'm griping-since when is 'a/the New Game', the Same game as it's first offered Collector edition?? This has always irked me.
Pretty much the CE offer ,besides THE CORE GAME, music , screen savers, mini puzzles-very little extra Real game play...stuff most of my friends and I aren't the least bit interested in having-. That's not a game, it's a game with baggage attached. In my opinion they should put out the real core game and then offer an 'add on ' pack (and certainly Not call it 'a new game')seperately which is all that other stuff for a price. again...pffuii. It irks and saddens me to think that it appears to be the end of some very enjoyable gaming at BF. I don't know what has happened to that company but there has been a Major decision to just carry or develop what are very much lightweight games-and a huge dumping of them on their site to be sure. None any more that really get your attention and hold it for more than a few minutes. So sad. Did the developers (that have had games offered through BF) all decide not to develop any more of the 'creepy/dark' games? Have they All gone bankrupt? Anyone know??? Or has it become a Personal Choice of BFG not to carry those types of games anymore?

Last edited by gamenut; 12/03/13 01:14 PM.
Re: BFG no more good creepy eerie games? [Re: gamenut] #927753
12/03/13 01:48 PM
12/03/13 01:48 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Maybe they stopped carrying so many "creepy-style" games because that was all they had for a while -- and their customers wrote Big Fish that they were tired of them -- or that they were so visually dark they couldn't see what was going on.

Which of the past Big Fish games did you think were creepy/scary enough?
If you replay them, are they still "scary" to you?
If not, maybe you just built up a tolerance.
If they are, what is it about them that makes them scary to you? Story? Dark visuals? Something in the pacing? Something else?

I didn't find the latest MCF to be particularly "scary," but I can't remember any other Big Fish game from the past that I thought was scary either. It's very hard for a game to "scare" me. Gross-out doesn't equal scary. Dark, obscure graphics don't equal scary. The game has to be immersive enough to build up suspense to have a chance at being scary. HOGs and adventure-lite's have never been as immersive as adventure games for me and I play them for the puzzles. Of course that doesn't mean that someone else can't find Big Fish games scary -- just that I can't tell what makes them scary or not from personal experience. I can only guess that they put more color in the "scarier" ones now because some of their members couldn't see what was going on onscreen.

Re: BFG no more good creepy eerie games? [Re: gamenut] #927754
12/03/13 01:51 PM
12/03/13 01:51 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi gamenut, if you are looking for a discussion on Big Fish regarding games, you need to go to the forum for a specific game and check out what people are saying about the game there. I also can find sometimes-useful info by reading the Customer Reviews section for a particular game.

I am sure there will be more creepy, eerie games released on Big Fish, as lots of folks love them, while others enjoy games that are lighter and brighter. I haven't really noticed a shortage of either kind of game lately, but maybe that's because there is such a huge catalog of games and there is no way that I could ever keep up (or afford them all!). wave

Re: BFG no more good creepy eerie games? [Re: gamenut] #927762
12/03/13 02:36 PM
12/03/13 02:36 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
gamenut, you received some replies on your same post here.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: BFG no more good creepy eerie games? [Re: Jenny100] #929136
12/10/13 11:54 PM
12/10/13 11:54 PM
Michigan, USA
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer
ramona  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan, USA
I know I was of those that complained about all the scary paranormal themes. I like these games but I would love to see old fashioned murder mysteries that have nothing to do with a ghost or a town where everyone mysteriously disappeared and our now ghosts. I would love to see a balance.

Re: BFG no more good creepy eerie games? [Re: ramona] #929165
12/11/13 02:44 AM
12/11/13 02:44 AM
Oakland, Ca.
kazzmo Offline
Addicted Boomer
kazzmo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oakland, Ca.
Ramona, Have you played Mystery Chronicles: Murder Among Friends? If you have not, you might read description at Big Fish. It is an old game, but one of my favorites. It might be what you are looking for in a mystery game. smile

Brick walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage. Give no thought of tomorrow, today was tomorrow and tomorrow will be today.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users