GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#927944 - 12/04/13 11:29 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Ewwwww, can't tell who is in there thumbsup

#934996 - 01/13/14 08:29 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Qazari, my darkside jedi counselor/shadow finally made it to level 55, that gives me 8 max level characters and two acheivments, one for all republic classes and one for all classes.

#935008 - 01/13/14 09:07 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Bravo Guybrush, thumbsup

#935147 - 01/14/14 06:03 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

#935148 - 01/14/14 06:05 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Very nice! puppy

#936247 - 01/21/14 12:25 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Aolani my scoundrel has completed smuggler chapter 1. That's my second time through that, first time was with Rojavon the gunslinger.

#936272 - 01/21/14 06:07 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Beware the Raghoul Plague! Announcer on the imperial fleet was saying to incinerate yourself if you got it. Didn't hear any such announcement on the republic side. On either fleet is a newscaster which will give you the quest to deal with the plague on Alderaan.

Once on Alderaan you'll probably me mobbed by plague bearing NPCs which you'll have to kill. I got a raghoul mini from one. There's a daily quest (you can do it once a day per character) to treat infected but not yet hostile citizens. The other quest I didn't get started on as the server went down for maintenance just as I was taking taxi to the area.

Its going to be possible to get companion modifiers which make them look infected, they look like zombies basically.

Oh this is level 55 stuff. If its like Gree and Bounty Hunting Association, it will last awhile then end but return later.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (01/21/14 06:08 AM)

#936321 - 01/21/14 11:25 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

wave Sounds like you are still having a blast happydance

#936369 - 01/21/14 03:23 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Oops apparently the plague is not just 55 but it will scale up for 55s. So you'll see people lookinh got s group for the 4 person quest stating what level they're looking for. I've completed everything except the large group operation on the imperial side on bounty hunter. May try republic side later.

#936430 - 01/21/14 10:30 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

luck

#936448 - 01/22/14 02:54 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Problem with taking characters under level 55 to plague area is its not instanced, so if you're say level 25 (like my jedi sage) and you try to do the 4 person heroic with 3 other level 20s your foes will you can handle but the level 55 players don't pay attention to what level other people are and spawn level 55 foes everywhere. They can also do that outside the heroic but it doesn't seem to happen as much.

The other problem is, some people will enter the plague are set with PVP mode on and if you accidentally target one, because they stood in the middle of your mob so you would hit them, then you can put into PVP mode and they mob you.

This is just the sort of griefing Arenanet purposely left out of Guild Wars 2.

Still haven't done the operation. Because of the above I'm only doing the plague stuff on level 55 characters.

There's a hidden quest. If you get infected by the plague you'll eventually die. If you do around other people you'll infect them. Infect 3 to complete the quest you only get once you've infected at least one person. It takes 20 minutes to actually die. This part is listed under achievements as a form of PVP. You can buy an antidote wich will remove the infection and keep you from getting infected for 6 hours.
The easiest way to do this quest is to stand on the fleet around other players until you die. If youre not infected look for somebody with a green glow who keeps coughing. When they die you'll get infected and can do the quest. If you don't want to be infected you can check how long before they die and infect you and leave the area or get the inoculation. Death from the plague doesn't damage your armor. While you're infected you will cough which interrupts whatever you are doing. So you probably don't want to be infected in the operation.

#936519 - 01/22/14 11:55 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Arrrgh, I hate griefing mad

#936819 - 01/24/14 12:07 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Turns out there are achievements for doing PVP in the raghoul plague area. I still think you shouldn't be able to accidentally hit another player characters and be forced into PVP.

The getting infected then exploding to infect other player characters is considered a form of PVP and there is an acheivement for infecting 100 people. I won't be getting that one. It takes 20 minutes to explode and if you're lucky you'll infect 3 people. One time I only infected two and a guild member only infected 1 the first time. That's a lot of time standing around doing nothing to infect 100 characters. Hitting 3 disinfects you so you'd have to either go fight raghouls to get infected again or wait for someone else to explode near you.

The inoculation costs 2000 a doze and last 6 hours, unless you die. There are also relics, 5000 (level 25), 10000 (level 35) and 20000 (level 50) which give you endurance and presence bonuses and infite inoculations. I got one on my trooper because he didn't have good relics. He'll eventually replace it with an endurance and power relic that doesn't extra damage. for use outside this event.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (01/24/14 12:15 PM)

#936826 - 01/24/14 01:12 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I'm with you Guybrush. I don't care to be accidentally pvp'd.....

#937125 - 01/26/14 11:00 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 2 [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Don't have time now, but I'll be posting a pic of Pysco in her new THORN (raghoul plague) armor. Note: the armor is legacy bound not character so one character can buy it (costs 1 DNA canister per piece for a total of 7) and mail it, but once it leaves the purchaser its no longer refundable. So buy it on the character you think will wear it, in case you change your mind, because you have a couple hours to think it over as long as it doesn't leave the purchasing character. Once it leaves the purchaser vendor will only pay you 1 credit a piece.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (3dobermans, BobH, Redz, dianne, J. King, maggieann, Iurii, Marian, rmelone, 1 invisible), 61 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users