I am unable to see the information you mentioned:
- When you log in at Steam, you will see your personal steam page.
- At top left in small letters are: steam, view, friends, games, help.
- Click on "games" to see a pull down menu.
- Select "activate a product on steam".
- See a separate frame. Follow the directions there.
I'm on the following site:http://store.steampowered.com/
I don't see anything at the top left you mentioned - "steam, view, friends, games, help."
I get "steam, store, community, (userid), about, support."
Thanks for any help.
PS: Somehow I stumbled to the right place in Steam to download the game when I reinstalled Steam and I got the information you posted. I have to figure out how I got to the right place.