GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Syd!! Re: BAAG #93104
03/31/00 11:44 AM
03/31/00 11:44 AM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Syd!!

What are the criteria for being a BAAG? What are the different grades? What does BAAG mean? Hey, this inquiring mind wants to know.

------------------
Be Happy!
MaG

Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93105
03/31/00 03:40 PM
03/31/00 03:40 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Hi MaG-

After doing extensive research I have come up with the following:

BAAGS stands for Buy All Adventure Games Syndrome

Criteria for BAAGS - name says it all

Levels of descent into the pits of this sickness are as follows (still fairly incomplete as there is ongoing research)

Level 1 - The Beginning Phase -Starts innocently enough - you buy or receive an adventure game, pop it into your computer and discover "gee, this is fun - I wonder if there are anymore out there like it?" You go to a computer store and find a couple that sound interesting, you buy only one, telling yourself that you'll come back and get the other one when you've finished this one and go home happy.

Level 2 - I am not going to let that happen to me again Phase You discover that when you go back to the store to buy the other game you wanted, they didn't have it anymore and didn't think they are going to be getting any more copies. You look around - see two other games and buy them both because I am not going to let that happen to me again.

Level 3 - Just in Case Phase You go back to your favorite game buying store, think to yourself, there doesn't seem to be as many adventure games as there used to be here - see 5 and buy them all - just in case.

Level 4 - GameBoomers Phase Store shopping again, nothing new except for a lot of games with action/adventure and FPS on them. Decide you can't be the only one who likes this type of game so you log on to the internet and see if you can't find some other people like yourself. You happen to stumble on a bulletin board named Gameboomers and you innocently post the following: I'm new to adventure gaming and can't find any in the stores, does anyone have any recommendations on the names of some good games and where I might buy them?
Within 5 minutes you have a list of at least 50, plus where to purchase them.

Level 5 - The Ebay Phase You've now managed to buy all the newer games and wonder where you might find some of the older ones that people keep talking about. You post and someone mentions Ebay You bid, you win, you're sunk.

Level 6 - The Multiple Buying Phase You scour on-line stores, Ebay and conventional stores looking for games. When you find you buy all you see - no more do you just buy one or two - you are buying four, five and six at once. You start to panic when your unplayed games dip below the 50 mark.

Level 7 - The Reviewer and public opinion be damned, it's an adventure game and I've got to have it Phase When you have degenerated to this level of sickness there is no hope. At this point you purposily buy games no one else in their right mind would buy. If a reviewer says it's junk - you've got to have it - if three reviewers and people you ask, say it's junk - it now becomes your life's mission. You will not rest nor leave no stone unturned until you possess this stinker.

Only known cure once this phase is reached, is a nice padded cell in some quiet mental hospital.

PS - the CDC in Atlanta just e-mailed me about the BAAGS epidemic associated with Gameboomers. Seems they are looking into the possibility that a warning message may have to be posted on the main bulletin board stating:
CAUTION : The reading of this Bulletin Board has been known to cause BAAGS. Enter at your own risk.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

My name is Syd and I have BAAGS and does anyone know where I might find The Scroll?? I hear it's a real loser

------------------
syd-syd

[This message has been edited by syd (edited 03-31-2000).]

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93106
03/31/00 04:24 PM
03/31/00 04:24 PM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

OH, SYD!!!

Oh! My! My sides are hurting so! Ha!Ha!Ha!
You got it to a Tee. I haven't reach the last stage yet but the progression is so real. I'm on level 6. Oh! My! Your GOOD!!!

Love Ya!!

------------------
Be Happy!
MaG

Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93107
03/31/00 05:14 PM
03/31/00 05:14 PM
ohio
miel Offline
Settled Boomer
miel  Offline
Settled Boomer

ohio
Syd,
so real so true and it happens so fast
I find myself also on level 6....Thank's to all you wonderfull people
miel

Miel
Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93108
03/31/00 05:46 PM
03/31/00 05:46 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
I wonder how long it's going to take them to put that concise description in the medical textbooks? Next thing you know they'll be asking for volunteers for adversion programs (not me, no way--I LIKE being a BAAG!)

Guess I'm bouncing between stages 5 and 6. I just got hooked on eBay yesterday, and would you believe that one of our other esteemed Boomers pushed the price of the game I wanted up on me twice!! BOIL THEM IN OIL, I SAY!!! (Yes, I'm talking about you, Miel, and I hope you realize I'm just kidding. After all, I won, didn't I? )

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93109
03/31/00 05:47 PM
03/31/00 05:47 PM
Washington, USA
Andy Offline
Settled Boomer
Andy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Washington, USA
Dr. Syd, you have made a correct diagnosis for the condition, and if we are confessing here, I'll give up that I am are level 6 and teetering on the edge of level 7. And on the surface I look like a perfectly normal person too!!

Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93110
03/31/00 07:31 PM
03/31/00 07:31 PM
Battle Creek, Michigan
MacDee Offline
Adept Boomer
MacDee  Offline
Adept Boomer

Battle Creek, Michigan
Yikes.....I'm almost all stage 7......

My hubby is starting to worry because everyday a game arrives by mail, UPS, or FedX..... If he is at work....I burn the box it arrived in.. in the fireplace so he won't know.... Is that stage 8? Hiding new games from your spouse?...

~Dee

Re: Syd!! Re: BAAG #93111
03/31/00 07:59 PM
03/31/00 07:59 PM
ohio
miel Offline
Settled Boomer
miel  Offline
Settled Boomer

ohio
JENNY
I wondered if it was you
Congrats on winning, for you, for me.
Want to trade when you are done???
Miel

Miel
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 291 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users