GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#93525 - 08/24/02 10:50 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Howard the Doc Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Hey Witchen, nice of you to chime in but unless I missed it in all the verbiage I did not notice that you fessed up as to YOUR age!! Hmmm. I'm 55 and have been a computer game addict since the mid'80's on my Radio Shack Color Computer (I also ran my business on it then). BTW, anyone remember the Atari game "Adventure"? I've also been doing and teaching martial arts for 20+ years. However, now, rather than keeping me young, it's starting to remind me that I'm getting old! Oy! I turned my 78 year old father onto Amerzone and then Road to India. He had to play with the WTs (okay, so did I, once in a while, well, sometimes, okay, OFTEN) but he really enjoyed them.

#93526 - 08/24/02 10:54 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Hanksdog Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Mandeville, LA
~DEE

I just hit 40 but dont hate me 'cause I'm younger. How about asking what age groups we fit in.......and posting the results
(ALTHOUGH WE ALREADY KNOW WE'RE IN THE BEST AGE GROUP OF ALL.........GAMEBOOMERS!!!!!!!!!!)
Ever Obedient happydance and Loving wave wave wave wave wave

#93527 - 08/24/02 10:58 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm 60 eek eek eek

But thought I might actually reach 61 by the time I'd got through reading all the answers to this post wave

#93528 - 08/24/02 11:33 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
I'm 51 - 52 in December. I'm glad to see all of you here. We'll prove to them that not just teenagers play games! lol

JMK

#93529 - 08/24/02 11:43 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
ladyyve Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: La Puente, CA, USA
Wow! How did I ever miss 'this' thread!???? Oh, I guess it was probably the word 'nosy' and I'm not, so I just bypassed it. LOL! DOHHHHHHH! What a great subject!!!

I'm 62, ...going on 35! Life got sooooooo much better at that age that I never got past it emotionally!

There's a LOT to be said for being older! ...for one thing, no one asks me any of those dumb questions any more... like 'when are you going to get married' or 'what do you want to be when you grow up'! hahaha By this age, all the pressure is off! Everyone KNOWS that I'm not going to be a rocket scientist! ROFL!

I LOVE this age! ...and this group! I thought that *I* was probably the oldest one here! Hoorayyyyyyy for Boomers!

Yvonne wave wave wave

#93530 - 08/25/02 01:39 AM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Thatldu1421 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Everett, Washington
Well what do you know !!! I am the 200th post on this thread. Is that a record??

#93531 - 08/25/02 05:26 AM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Bristol Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Now 62, had my birthday last Wednesday. Another benefit is that if you have a bit(!) of a tummy, no one asks when the baby is due.

#93532 - 08/25/02 08:24 AM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
ccross Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Haverhill, Suffolk, England.. ...
I just had to add myself to the list. I'm 33 my daughter sits with me sometimes and helps so I class her as a Boomer (she asks when we go on site) she is 6 lol

Cheryl

#93533 - 08/25/02 09:50 AM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
dmtomchick Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Collegeville, PA USA
Hey Howard the Doc--

I remember the Atari game Adventure!!!!! I totally loved that game! I still have it, but [blip]--I haven't played my Atari in years! That was such a fun game, even though it got rather predictable after awhile. Hmmm...could I classify that as my first adventure game?

Dawn (thinking of digging out her Atari.....)

#93534 - 08/25/02 04:00 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Bree Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Ohio
Boy am I glad I ran into this, I am 54 and completely hooked on adventure games. I thought I was alone all my friends think I am nuts, there are even some people I don't tell. I got started by getting a game for my grand kids, but now I don't even let them use my computer. I purchased a new computer because my old one wouldn't play MYST. Now I have a difrent problem the new computer I have has windows XP and I can't play some of my old games. Any sugestions?

#93535 - 08/25/02 04:23 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
pink tangerine Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Hull , United Kingdom
i am 42 and hope to be adventuring for a long time

#93536 - 08/25/02 04:50 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Adventure Lover Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi all, although I don't post often, I do browse and lurk here almost everyday! This thread really got my attention - I'll be 45 in three months. wave
Currently playing:
Loom via SCUMM

#93537 - 08/25/02 05:04 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Bob Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Florida
Quote:
I really do hope that game designers, developers, and publishers view this thread so that they will be able to see what kind of audiences are out there.
Hi Adventure Lover,
Most of them have seen this thread and for those that didn't, they will. wink

#93538 - 08/25/02 05:27 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Bree, there have been some good posts here about Windows XP and old games. Some of them will run in the XP compatibility mode and some will not. If you post a question about this over in the technical support section, I am sure you will get a lot of advice and help. smile

#93539 - 08/25/02 06:36 PM Re: A Nosy question for the Boomers.....
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I'm 56 and loving the freedom! (semi-retired) happydance happydance happydance

Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (gymcandy1, Pandora, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Barry, J. King, Mikael, GuybrushThreepwood, BobH), 59 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users