GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Flower #937205
01/27/14 12:56 AM
01/27/14 12:56 AM
ipad_Lover Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ipad_Lover  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

I played this game on my VITA and it is listed on most sites as an adventure game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_(video_game)

I have to admit, I really like it. Quite fun.

I love playing adventure games like Gemini Rue on my ipad mini and Gray Matter on my PC Netbook.

Re: Flower [Re: ipad_Lover] #937244
01/27/14 09:56 AM
01/27/14 09:56 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

welcome ipad lover,

Thank you for the information.

I will move this topic to casual game forum after reading the description on the link you posted here.

It describes the game as;
Quote:
Once inside a level, the player controls the wind as it blows a single flower petal through the air. Changes in the pitch and roll of the floating petal are accomplished by tilting the PlayStation 3 controller. Pressing any button blows the wind harder, which in turn moves the petal faster.[5] The camera generally follows just behind the petal, though it sometimes moves to show a new objective or consequence of the player's actions

Quote:
A single play-through of the game takes approximately one hour.

Re: Flower [Re: ipad_Lover] #937251
01/27/14 11:07 AM
01/27/14 11:07 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I love Flower. smile Beautifully relaxing (apart from that one chapter with the electric!) and visually stunning. I play it on the PS3. It was developed by thatgamecompany, who also developed Journey, my all-time favourite.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Flower [Re: MaG] #937336
01/27/14 11:28 PM
01/27/14 11:28 PM
ipad_Lover Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ipad_Lover  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: MaG
welcome ipad lover,

Thank you for the information.

I will move this topic to casual game forum after reading the description on the link you posted here.

It describes the game as;
Quote:
Once inside a level, the player controls the wind as it blows a single flower petal through the air. Changes in the pitch and roll of the floating petal are accomplished by tilting the PlayStation 3 controller. Pressing any button blows the wind harder, which in turn moves the petal faster.[5] The camera generally follows just behind the petal, though it sometimes moves to show a new objective or consequence of the player's actions

Quote:
A single play-through of the game takes approximately one hour.

I think you are completely wrong in moving this thread.

All sites I have found list this game as an adventure game.

I have been playing this game for over 10 hours now and I often have to solve very complex puzzles while playing the game.

This game is very similar to "Journey" which has won many awards - including "Adventure Game of the Year".

I love playing adventure games like Gemini Rue on my ipad mini and Gray Matter on my PC Netbook.

Re: Flower [Re: ipad_Lover] #937339
01/27/14 11:52 PM
01/27/14 11:52 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
The game looks very interesting; it's good to know about it. smile

If you read the article about it here on Wikipedia, it says that the game won the "Casual Game of the Year" award by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and yet it's also described as being in the genre of adventure. So, perhaps we could also call it a casual adventure. wave

Re: Flower [Re: ipad_Lover] #937340
01/28/14 12:15 AM
01/28/14 12:15 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Ipad_lover, every website has their own criteria for classification and MaG owns the website, so she can move it anywhere she wants. wink

I believe it falls quite well under our criteria for a casual game. Not all casuals mean hidden object or match 3 games.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Flower [Re: ipad_Lover] #937365
01/28/14 07:54 AM
01/28/14 07:54 AM
ipad_Lover Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ipad_Lover  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I thought that "Flower" was an amazing game - the one thing I liked about the PSVITA is the amount of REALLY DIFFERENT games there were available for it.

However, being between the 3DS and ipad means that it is a platform for a niche market.

"Flower" really challenged me, to progress through the game took quite a bit of thought, but you were well rewarded with stunning visuals when a puzzle was solved.

I haven't played "journey" yet, but I've got a copy and I hear it is even better.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre), 233 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users